• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Bowl This Season

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we should win 1 of 4  to be bowl eligible,

we have a good team talentwise, with great coaching/playcalling/adjustments we could win 3 of 4 even all 4

we have good coaching not great but it may be enough

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

We get to 7-5, or we don't get one.  Of course, if we manage to do better we'll make one too.  7-5 should do it, but that means beating one of Pitt, UL, and WVU and not laying an egg vs Cuse.

Possible?  I'd say it's a coin flip right now.  I'll be watching...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

uh...our chances might be the same of making a bowl going 7-5 as 6-6.  either way, it looks pretty good to me, not sure what you guys are worried about other than not winning another game.  look at JimUSFSig's analysis.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We don't even deserve a bowl with a 6 - 6 record...    We NEED to play better ball. Don't freak out about bowl chances just yet, we need to be worrying about pitt, and how we're gonna beat them. period.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I wanted to propose at a game, she did not want that many people to be watching.

Didn't discussing the location of the proposal kind of ruin the surprise for her?  ::)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

If we get invited to a Bowl game we deserve to go.  It is stupid to say we don't deserve to go.  All speculation at this point.  Pitt is next and their offense scares the crap outa me.  I don't see us stopping them.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

All this **** negative talk is now making me sick. USF will be fine. We go 2-2 in these last four game, and we should get a bowl invite. USF still has a good QB in Grothe, and we still have Ponton in the back field. Please, dont take that Cincy game too hard because it was an odd game to begin with. USF is still the team that had Rutgers on the ropes. Cincy was one competed pass away from beating UL on the road a few weeks ago. USF was still in the game with Cincy during the second half on the road, so I am not giving up on this USF team this season like some already are.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
All this **** negative talk is now making me sick. USF will be fine. We go 2-2 in these last four game, and we should get a bowl invite. USF still has a good QB in Grothe, and we still have Ponton in the back field. Please, dont take that Cincy game too hard because it was an odd game to begin with. [highlight]USF is still the team that had Rutgers on the ropes. Cincy was one competed pass away from beating UL on the road a few weeks ago. USF was still in the game with Cincy during the second half on the road, so I am not giving up on this USF team this season like some already are.[/highlight]

Man, that's an awful lot of "ifs" and "almosts" you base your "we're still a good team" conclusion on there.  You know what........if the Devil Rays had just scored a run here, five runs there, and if all the other AL East teams had scored a run less here and five less runs there, they would have run the table....162-0 this past season!  So everyone quit talking so negatively about the Rays, dadgummit!  They're totally awesome!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Let us know when the Devil Rays have an above .500 record at the half way point then we could play that game.  Right now, USF is 5-3 with a chance to get at least two more wins to secure a bowl bid. If you think that we are out of the running then so be it, but I think USF has a hell of a chance this season. I am not going to let bad breaks on the road at Cincy make me give up the faith. Grothe made the freshmen mistakes that all of us predicted. But you know **** well that he will learn from this to make him a better QB. We are going to bouce back.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

if you have doubts about 6 wins getting us a bowl bid, read this:  http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1161647695

chances are pretty good.  7 wins might make us look better but might not in reality increase our chances of being selected anyway.  depends on if the bowl likes cincy more or less than us.  syracuse could spoil one or both of our seasons, though.  should be fun.