• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Bowl This Season

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Man......I hope I'm wrong here, but let's take a look.....

We need at least one more, right?

Pitt -- I see this as a loss (I know there will be some disagreement on that, but that's just my prediction)

Syracuse -- We should win this, but they're not as pitiful as they were last year.

Louisville -- That's a big loss

WVU -- That's an even bigger loss

So if I'm right here, that would put us at 6-6.....no way we get a bowl invitation with six wins against the crappiest of the crappy such as.....

McNeese State, FIU, UCF, UNC, UConn ----------- holy cow........that's impressive.

Sorry guys, I just don't see it happening.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If we do end up 6-6, I'd say our chances are pretty slim.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

For us to go to a bowl game, we need a win against Pitt, Syracuse and atleast one against UL or WV. I really dont see us going to a bowl game with 7-5 record. maybe and hopefully I am wrong here.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

For us to go to a bowl game, we need a win against Pitt, Syracuse and atleast one against UL or WV. I really dont see us going to a bowl game with 7-5 record. maybe and hopefully I am wrong here.

can we only go to those big east assigned bowls?  they added even more bowls this year, how can the #4 or 5 team from the big east not go to a bowl?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

At 7-5 I'm almost certain we would go.  windbane, to answer your question, if a conference cannot fill all of their bowl allotments, the bowls will look to other bowl eligible schools.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

At 7-5 I'm almost certain we would go.  windbane, to answer your question, if a conference cannot fill all of their bowl allotments, the bowls will look to other bowl eligible schools.

yeah, but we are eligible at 6.  cincy still has to beat 2 more teams to be eligible.  6-5 was good enough last year.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The 12th game changed that a lil, there will be A LOT more eligible teams this year. There will not be very many open slots in bowl games.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

yeah, but we are eligible at 6.  cincy still has to beat 2 more teams to be eligible.  6-5 was good enough last year.

They switched the scheduling from 11 games to 12 games. 6-6 won't be good enough this year. And each week ND continues to look beatable, its very possbile they drop 2 games down the stretch and end up taking the Gator bowl.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

If we end up 6-6 and beat Syracuse, we still don't belong in a bowl.  I made a similar post last week and everyone got on my case.  This team hasn't beaten anyone of value all year.  Geez, people were still talking about 10-2, just like before the season they were talking going 10-0 leading up until the last two games.  

Its a good thing we beat UCF this year, with the team we have.