• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Shakeup Needed

Guest Sprtsfn627

After last night, I cannot support Leavitt to continue as the Special Teams coach.  We need to hire someone in the offseason to take over those duties.  I'm not ready to call for anyone else's head yet, but I'll have to see how the season progresses.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

You guys forget to mention that we had a chance to take the lead by kicking the field goal when we were down around the 20.  That would have put us up 3-2.  Instead we threw a pick and got nothing out of it.

Actually this comment is very misleading, we could have kicked the FG but instead we went for the 1st down and MADE IT.

If your implying that we would be better off with the FG over a 1st and goal then should we kick every single time we get into range no matter what the down is to be certain we get 3 instead of a screwup? Hey, the pic pissed me off as much as anyone but I'll take the 1st and goal over the 3 ANY DAY.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

IMO, Grothe did not get used with his grip on ball in cold. I have noticed he threw ball much higher above receiver's head often.  Also Cinn's DL kept going front his face where Grothe had to pass flat out route.

Your right about that.  Grothe was high all night long.  I was getting spoiled with Grothe hitting all our receivers in stride but that did not happen at all last night for some reason.  It may have been the weather or just an off night...I don't know.  Either way it doesn't matter.  He is the man no matter but for once he finally looked like a RS freshman.  He missed the coverage read on the INT and just missed receivers all night long.  It is going to happen.  We will take the L and move on.  I am sure Grothe will learn from the experience and move on.  He is a tough kid!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

Again...not impressed with the offensive play calling.

Now when it comes to people talking about coaching changes I have to laugh.  This are probably the same people last week saying we have a legit shot at running the table or coming close.  We lose to UC and it's Katie bar the doors and let's fire someone.

I won't make any references to getting rid of CJL until he has had at least 5 years in the Big East.  Don't people understand that we have moved from I-A independent, C-USA, to a BCS conference in less than 10 years???  That has an effect on the quality and type of players we are able to go after.  

You have to give him time to recruit several Big East quality athletes before you can start calling for his head or anyone elses.  This team is extremely young and has won the games they should have and lost the games they were suppossed to lose.  We weren't favored in any of the 3 losses (UC was close as it went back and forth from USF +1 to UC +1).

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Let's not throw ourselves into a tizzy.  The fact of the matter is that we have one of the youngest teams in D-I football.  No amount of coaching is going to overcome that.  The consistency you seek will come over the next year or two as the players mature.  

In the meantime, we have enough talent to pull off the occasional upset to offset the occasional upset loss.

Patience, Jim, patience.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i believe the wind was very strong at 15-17 mph, so that could explain for the high passes.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Again...not impressed with the offensive play calling.

Now when it comes to people talking about coaching changes I have to laugh.  This are probably the same people last week saying we have a legit shot at running the table or coming close.  We lose to UC and it's Katie bar the doors and let's fire someone.

I won't make any references to getting rid of CJL until he has had at least 5 years in the Big East.  Don't people understand that we have moved from I-A independent, C-USA, to a BCS conference in less than 10 years???  That has an effect on the quality and type of players we are able to go after.  

You have to give him time to recruit several Big East quality athletes before you can start calling for his head or anyone elses.  This team is extremely young and has won the games they should have and lost the games they were suppossed to lose.  We weren't favored in any of the 3 losses (UC was close as it went back and forth from USF +1 to UC +1).

this is true but such progess shouldnt effect the way the game is to be played and doesnt account for poor coaching,poor game planning, not playing best players etc

nothing will change in next 2 years.usf will be a less-middle of the pack team with a strength of schedule near bottom of 1a teams

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

nothing will change in next 2 years.usf will be a less-middle of the pack team with a strength of schedule near bottom of 1a teams

these will be words you will be glad to eat over the next two years and you will.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

After last night, I cannot support Leavitt to continue as the Special Teams coach.  We need to hire someone in the offseason to take over those duties

Good point Bullsfanatic,  I think you will see this happen.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

After last night, I cannot support Leavitt to continue as the Special Teams coach.  We need to hire someone in the offseason to take over those duties

Good point Bullsfanatic,  I think you will see this happen.

Probably not, your limited on the number of coaches you can have in the NCAA. Leavitt will remain Special Teams coach unless he delegates it to a position coach.