• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LEADING WITH THE HELMET ANYONE?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

The hit on Johnson was as clean as they come. It was a great hit. Julmiste threw the ball too late.

If the nfl can call penalties for sacking the qb while he still has the ball, there should be penalties in place to protect everyone.  Let's add some padding too.  Everything has to be covered, and pads are required to be at least 2 inches thick.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

This is no excuse for how we played and why we lose, but the refs were heavily favoring Cinci the other night. Watch the replay.

The first 3 plays of the game, Cinci should have been flagged for a false start. The next drive, their right tackle completely rocked forward and back, not getting a flag. All through the game, their line was not set for a full second.

Their line was holding all night long.

Two of our deep throws should have been called for defensive pass interference. Grabbing the back of a jersey is illegal, last time I checked. On top of a no call for defensive PI which would have been a INT for us.

Finally, the hit on Taurus Johnson was illegal. Leading with the helmet while the player is vulnerable in the air. Not to mention the cheap hits on Grothe. When Grothe fumbled, he was going down and was maybe a half foot off the ground, when two UC players game in full speed, one from behind. Same thing with the play that hurt Grothe.

Again, it's not an excuse for the loss, but it's something I hope the BE looks at.

stop crying about the refs

they arent going to help bulls win

I know that, if you read, I say "it's not an excuse for the loss". Since this is a thread about the an illegal hit which wasn't called, I am pointing out other things that the refs missed. Add something useful to the conversation other then "stop crying".

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

After my further review, it looked like he jutted his head out first before the smack down. But due to a loss and the game over, play is as stands. Pay back next year...(He's, the)First Down!!!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

BS.  I just watched the replay.  He jumped up leading with the helmet.  Watch the replay.

Regardless, the team didn't like the hit and felt it cheap and that's the only group that counts.  It will be remembered next year.  

P.S. Burnett's was not cheap because he didn't lead with his head, or helmet, it was complete shoulder to body collision, in fact a text book way to show guys that you can still make a bone-jarring hit without endangering yourself or an opponent.  But hey, maybe Earnest Jackson thinks otherwise, he can take it up with USF in Tampa next season.