• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate to say it, but I am not too happy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VOLFN

I know a lot of people that work for SLu and they are all happy he is out of there. THey said he was a Micro Manager and was just full of himself.  All he cared about was Men's basketball and Men's Soccer. The women's sports were terrible exceot for soccer. The WBB program had one winning season and the Pizzotti is the only coach who has been there w/the WBB progtam. She had a losing record and he never did anything abouyt it.  BUt I know people at SLU are all happy that he is gone. GOOD LUCK WITH DWOOL, we call him that at SLU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

Funny, your message board seems to be very complimentary of him.

Good luck with your search.

http://www.billikens.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.pl?az=show_thread&omm=0&om=2408&forum=DCForumID3

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

People are so taken in by coming from the big name.   In my business, when we have hired from large companies, we have ended up with people who have been raised in a system where they were trained to hide and be yes people.  The ones out of the smaller, independents have been forward, creative and independent thinkers who are pro-business.  Give Doug a chance....he's got more credentials than LeeRoy had coming into the job and I didn't hear you whining about his performance.  I BULLIEVE he is the right guy.  

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

All he cared about was Men's basketball and Men's Soccer.

What else is there at SLU?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am not complaining about the hire but why should BB2000 get any flack

Guest S.  Bien

What else is there at SLU?

Great point Gary, and to his defense he made both programs formidable.  What more can you really ask of a man at a small private catholic college.  He focused on the two programs that had any hope of generating positive cashflow.  Heck, he got a new on-campus, state-of-the-art facility built for the perennial top 10 soccer program.  Also, was in the midst of building an on-campus 13,000 seat basketball arena.  They average over 2800 in attendance for soccer games.  If we could get that for our soccer I would be thrilled.  Bring in 2800 at $10 a pop on campus, with concessions could bring a nice little surprise revenue stream.

He clearly focused on two sports.  Then went out raised funds and got those programs the necessary tools needed to be successful.  If he could expand that a bit into basketball, soccer, baseball, and football then he will be a total success.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he will be up to challenge

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We will never see the day were soccer draws 2800 fans at the USF soccer stadium at $10 a pop! If Freddy Adu decides to play with our Bulls, maybe then will anyone other than Bulls diehards sit through a soccer match. Soccer is played during football season. UCF and UF don't have men's teams last I remember (maybe I'm wrong on this one), so there is no natural rivalry to motivate the students to hate someone. Just my two cents. Keifer is a good coach and getting 1000 fans at a game is realistic. If I were DWool, I would worry about men's hoops and football! Unless women's hoops put up UConn numbers for consecutive years, their games would be better off in the rec to save money!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Well it was USFs second choice and the coaches all wanted Oliver but oh well.  

Also, 80% of almost 300 Bull Fans voted for and preferred Oliver over Woolard in their poll last week when they were in the Final 2.

Next time though...when USF pays for background checks...those are usually found out even before they make a Top 10 list.

USF should almost get 1/2 their $$$$ back because it took this guy/company up till the very last minute to find out all their mis-steps in his background that were all apart of the public record.

Did this background company just take the CA$H, and then when USF made their choice (Oliver) did they jump on a computer and say "Ok, guess that's the guy we have to check"??

Sure seems like it.