• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you sense that this is Matt's team now?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Anybody know his grandfather?

Just kidding.

See ya in Cincy!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

The first time he went down with injury and came back on field I knew he was one.... You could feel the crowd behind the healing....  I still can't believe that anyone would leave a game early with matt at qb, I don't care if we were down by 30, I would still stay..

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Matt Grothe greatest football player ever?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

Matt Grothe greatest football player ever?

Pretty darn close!!!  He's at least one of the BEST BULLS we've ever had!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

Matt is definitely in firm control of the offense and perhaps the whole team at this point.

But when things are going well-- believe that guys like PJ can step in there and do the job when he needs to do it. Don't get me wrong-- Matt rocks but if I hear someone booing ever again when MG gets hurt and PJ replaces them-- I will scream. PJ has done everythingt he staff has asked him to do and understands what it means to be on a team. Matt knows he can go to PJ with whatever he needs to know and that he has his back all the way. He could have gone off and sobbed about losing his starting job-- hell it's been ripped away from him 10 times by now-- but he didn't. He just gets ready and helps where he can. I'm not saying that makes it his team per se but he was voted a captain for a reason.

Let's not underestimate the value of our senior leaders out there. They are helping young guys like Matt excel. Winning and success on the field is contagious. We didn't miss a beat for the few plays MG missed last game. I felt the same way about the UConn game, despite PJ failing to make a first down that first series he played (16 yards in three plays-- terrible output from someone cold off the bench).

Now I'm sure some people will read this crap above and get pissed that I'm pushing for PJ-- I'M NOT. I'm just saying that we should appreciate everyone on this team for what they do and are capable of If you can't stomach that message-- fine-- but please don't flame back at me about how so-and-so never did this or that. Not necessary-- we all agree that Matt Grothe has been nothing short of outstanding and getting better each game.

In a word-- YES.