• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's talk about Cincy

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

A little early but, how is the weather and will it be a game factor? ::)

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,463
  • Days Won:  25

Last check was high 57 low 38 and only 20% chance of rain.

So game time should be in the mid 40's.

Sure glad I have my heavy BULLS sweatshirt and jacket ready.

See ya in Cincy!

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

NC rushed for 168 yards total and their leading rusher had 57 yards.  Not exactly stellar.

We have held opponents to 3.3 per carry so far this season.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The better our offense is, the better our defense becomes...

when we struggle offensively, our defense is on the field longer and it is that much tougher to play sound defense when you are tired.

We've done better against the run the last 2 weeks and is it any coincidence that we have put up 75 points total in those two games?  I think not.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

Their difference is pretty good. But remember playing UL they didnt have to worry about the QB running the ball. Is the fact that Grothe can run the ball effectively that makes our offense with Ponton back harder to stop. we can now pass and have two good running threats on each play.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I remember UNC's touchdown drive.  UNC's running back ran through a couple of big holes, and they don't have anyone special (I know they didn't finish the game, but Cincy is better).

Bmmarti....UNC doesn't have anyone special running the ball?  Barrington Edwards, that torched us for two decent runs was an LSU transfer.  Mr. Edwards was a stud out of HS the ole four star recruit smazza's always pining over, and carried the ball a bit for LSU but the backfield was crowded, guys like Addai, Vincent, Brousard, they were all in his class!  He tranfered to UNC.

Ronnie McGill had 19 college offers and was a four star too..

Those two RB's are better collectively then anything UC has at RB.  Furthermore UNC's OL is bigger then UC's by a long shot, Calvin Darity 315lbs,  Chacos 310lbs, Gray 295, Lenahan 295, Lemming 305lbs.

UC- Straub 310lbs, Reinstatler 285, Linkbaker 285, Bujnoch 285, Canfield 300lbs.

It's relative but Darity, and Lemming were well thought of out of HS.  Both four star players and Darity spurned FSU, and UF for UNC.   UNC has the better athletes, but don't play with a lot of heart, UC has the less impressive athletes but play hard and like a team.

UC is scary from the sense they use a bunch of RB's and everyone of them is enormous.  With two big and talented TE's they like to burn clock, pound it in the middle with those big backs, soften you up, then start flaring out the TE's and spreading things out, once they've got you guessing and spread out they start opening things up with the QB.  The key with Cinci is shutdown the running game early, for Grutza to pass.

I like our chances from the sense that UC is not a big play team.  They will not burn us for big plays and will be forced to grind it out against us.  Given that you've always got to like the athleticism and skill on our defense versus their players.  Grutza their QB can run, and he can burn you good doing it, but he's not so fast or any better than Sexton, or McNeese State's kid.

They've got a solid run defense, but their pass defense is slightly suspect giving up over 229 yards per game.  

To me, this Cinci team is no different from the one we played in Tampa last year that we beat 31-16.  Tough on defense, tough against the run (remember Andre Hall ran for 100 yards total against them on 30 carries!  They made him earn every **** yard that day).  Their defense is just as tough, but just as soft against the pass again HELL PAT THREW FOR 12-20 for 165 yards against them!  On the flip their offense is sporadic at best, AGAIN, like last year.  Grutza can be good, but average often, they've got some interesting big TE's that have good hands, and some decent big backs.  Slow down or stop the run, and it's usually game over for Cinci at least from the offensive stand point.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

I looked at their attendance and they have been averaging between 18,000-21,000 for the home games, even Pitt didn't bring out the fans.

This is good for USF.

also have to take into account that there is a bengals home game that same day.  this should be a very low attended game for the bearcats.