• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taurus Johnson and RB's

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

Taurus Johnson is an excellent player who is fun to route for.  Like Grothe, Nicholas, and Moffit, Taurus is one of those guys that plays hard, plays consistent, always exciting, and has done a good job off the field.  Also, doens't run his mouth too much.  These are the types of players that will always be fan favorites, and will help recruit more fans to the bulls nation.

It's impossible not to route for these guys on gameday!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r_to_the_izzo

UMmmm you must have missed the UNC game. Taurus dropped a kick off, and on the same drive dropped a pass for a first down.

But the whole WR unit has been bad once again about dropping passes. It's been getting better but it's still a problem.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

the RB position may now be fixed

WR still too many drops

overall happy with them

can the improved again this week to meet the cinci challenge?

is grothe healthty and ready to play?

go bulls?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Taurus has dropped at least a couple of slants over the middle.  Still glad we have him though.  Going to be a great one.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i know that Johnson drops a lot of passes for me on NCAA07

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Taurus Johnson is an excellent player who is fun to route for.  Like Grothe, Nicholas, and Moffit, Taurus is one of those guys that plays hard, plays consistent, always exciting, and has done a good job off the field.  Also, doens't run his mouth too much.  These are the types of players that will always be fan favorites, and will help recruit more fans to the bulls nation.

It's impossible not to route for these guys on gameday!

Route huh?  You must be seriously WR inclined.

Still, I am pleased about the improved passing game.  Here's hoping the rushing game stays good, and it wasn't just good because UNC isn't.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

B Williams had a fumble at KU that hurt us. I like the threat of having him and Ponton in the back field. I have said since last year that I thought Ricky was going to fill Andre's shoes just fine

Remember Taurus Johnson is one of the fastest Bulls, in the spring he ran the fastest forty time at 4.44 (although a few notable speedy Bulls didn't run the 40 like Jenkins, Hester, Gilliam, Jamaal Jenkins), and has run the forty in 4.39, and at a HS showcase camp he was rumored to have run a 4.31.  I think you can see, especially on those WR bubble screens that he has an innate ability to accelerate in a hurry, and maintain speed off a cut which really legitimizes his speed.  He's a special athlete from that standpoint and his ability to catch the ball.

Wait until Hester is back next year.  He's very similar to Ean Randolph in ability and talent but a bit bigger- height wise.

Walt Smith fumbled against KU.  Ben Williams is an ample runner but this is the key statistic he had 14 carries for 55 yards for a 3.9ypc average, Ponton had 17 carries for 101 yards for a 5.95 ypc average- against the same defense, and virtually the same times...in fact Ponton's could have been more inflated had he not been forced to make two, one yard plunges into the end zone that skewed his stats negatively.  Nothing against Ben, he's an OK change of pace guy, and the OL has improved, but Williams after this week will be nothing more than a guy to spell Ponton and I expect over the next five games the stats to read more like 23 carries for Ponton, and 9 for Williams.  That's the difference between a 1-A RB, and a 1-AA RB.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Can't wait for a 25 carry game by Ponton.

And expect to rarely see Williams in 2007, with Ponton, Plancher, Dorsey and the RS'd FR . . . Williams has done well for us and we are lucky to have him. He hits the hold fast and has good speed. And he carries a punch at point of impact in his small frame - he's built like a door knob !

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Aston Samuels.  You cannot run for 1500 yards at Belle Glade and not have ability.