• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is a perfect year to make a move on the big 3

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Some of the green and gold goglles need to come off.

Why? What's the big deal? Some fans are just unrealistically optimistic at times. That's part of being a fan ..... which is short for fanatic.

The old saying about UF now applies to our fans:

Arrogance of Notre Dame, Resume of Rutgers.

That's ridiculous. You obviously are a young pup and didn't live through the years that the original quote about UF fans was aimed at. Our fans come nowhere near that arrogance ...  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

LEE CORSO has already put on Rocky the Bull's head at Army a few years back

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Why? What's the big deal? Some fans are just unrealistically optimistic at times. That's part of being a fan ..... which is short for fanatic.

That's ridiculous. You obviously are a young pup and didn't live through the years that the original quote about UF fans was aimed at. Our fans come nowhere near that arrogance ...  

Here comes my latest stalker. Triple B.

You obviously don't listen, or read what some people say on this site, or in real life. After the "thrashing" 17 point victory over UNC, hell before it, most were going around saying the gap was closed. We are #2 in the state. Yada Yada.

Someone pointed out FSU fall from grace. They're 27-11 in the last three. For those of you keeping count at home, we are 17-17

Blind optimisism? I'm all for it. But try to sound like you know something. Like how even with the step down FSU/Um have taken, they have a combined 4 CC's sice 03.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Here comes my latest stalker. Triple B.

Don't flatter yourself ... I just have a thing for people who act like dickheads who feel the need to go around pissing on the parades of over enthusiastic Bulls fans. You just fall under that profile at times.

You obviously don't listen, or read what some people say on this site, or in real life. After the "thrashing" 17 point victory over UNC, hell before it, most were going around saying the gap was closed. We are #2 in the state. Yada Yada.

MOST were saying we were #2? I understand you need to make up crap like that to make your stance more defensible but that's ridiculous. At least find something to ***** about that has a bit of credibility. Again, some are a little more "out there" than most about where we are as a program right now but why do some feel the need to temper their exuberance?

Blind optimisism? I'm all for it. But try to sound like you know something.

If it sounded like one knew something it wouldn't be blind optimism, so obviously you are NOT for it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Someone pointed out FSU fall from grace. They're 27-11 in the last three. For those of you keeping count at home, we are 17-17 .

Exactly my point, to close the gap you need to be consistantly good on the field win some CC's and get on the same recruiting level they are at.  We have done none the gap is still there and is still sizeable.  

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I will go one step further with the Green and Gold Optimism and point out that next year not only should we be vying for a BE Title....We have a lsight shot at going undefeated and making a case for the National Title. Before I get laughed off of this site, hear me out. If we can finish strong and knock off either Ville or WVU and get to 9-4 or 10-3 after a bowl victory, we should get some national cred and be ranked or near ranked at the start of next season.

We begin with Elon and UCF, two teams we should handle easily and get the rust off quickly. Then comes the big one. What I think could be the biggest game in our fledgling programs history, the roaddie against Auburn. While they are a great team, their offense does not scare me one bit. We will have to play flawlessly, but we can win that game. If we do, there is our marquee non-conf win and a top 10-15 ranking. Then comes UNC and Fla Atl. There is nothing that makes me think that these are not two VERY winnable games. That would put us at 5-0 with WVU and Ville at home. Road tests against Pitt and Rutgers will be tough, but just imagine the possibilities. My hopes are rising for this year, and by next year they may very well be astronomical. I hope many join me in wearing these Green and Gold goggles that allow me to see such a possibility for next season.

(*Let me add a caveat that this post is based upon our team continuing to progress and there being no significant injuries/defections/arrests/failed drug tests)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Why do we keep worrying about UF,FSU & Miami ?

Last time I checked they aren't even in our conference.  

Last time I checked two of those teams are affiliated with a conference that doesn't have a single team ranked as high as our conferences two top teams.  

Last time I checked our conference champion beat that other teams conference champion in a BCS bowl game last year.

Lets focus on what is important here and that would be to win our conference championship.  

Screw the other florida teams.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Why do we keep worrying about UF,FSU & Miami ?

Last time I checked they aren't even in our conference.  

Last time I checked two of those teams are affiliated with a conference that doesn't have a single team ranked as high as our conferences two top teams.  

Last time I checked our conference champion beat that other teams conference champion in a BCS bowl game last year.

Lets focus on what is important here and that would be to win our conference championship.  

Screw the other florida teams.

this would be a perfectly logical stance if we were not competing for recruits with these schools. Although we may not be in the same conference, we recruit the same area. If we can pick off one or two top Florida recruits from each school, we will be doing well.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

If we can pick off one or two top Florida recruits from each school, we will be doing well.

And thats what I'm saying Bully.  Thats what we should be selling.  Change the thought process so people realize the BE is a good conference and stop the "big 3" idea.

You can come be #1 in the BE and play for a NC.

You are so right, all we need is a couple more elite players each year and we can play with anyone.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Is this week's match-up "Izzo Vs Triple B"?

It seems like there is always a new match-up every single week.  Don't get me wrong.  It's rather entertaining to read.  

Nature at its best.  If there is no one different to fight against, fight your own.  Maybe it's because we haven't seen any knight fans on the board in awhile. ::)