• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking at USF's History with Cincinnati...

There's no reason to believe that we shouldn't be able to handle cinci this week.  Based on the way we have played in the last two weeks I am confident that we will win.  On the otherhand.......we do have that yearly let down on the road  and I hope it doesn't show up sun night.

Play the way we've been playing and we win this one no problem.  Play poorly and we'll lose (ala UCONN 05).

Kansas. September 23, 2006.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Ive been calling this a trap game for us for a while now, glad to see others have started to see the danger in this also.  However if we go out execute, dont turn the ball over, and dont commit stupid penalties we should win.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

Kansas. September 23, 2006.

I hope that was our let down, but I think that had more to do with our level of play from the D-line and RBs (which was pretty consistent with the way we had played in the weeks leading up to that game).

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

why has the phrase "trap game" been thrown around so much this year?  not just on this board but ALL over the country.  

anyways....cinci is a tough team.  their QB played a solid game against louisville yesturday.  we gotta play mistake free to win.  and i hope ricky can get another 100 yards on the ground.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

why has the phrase "trap game" been thrown around so much this year?  not just on this board but ALL over the country.  

anyways....cinci is a tough team.  their QB played a solid game against louisville yesturday.  we gotta play mistake free to win.  and i hope ricky can get another 100 yards on the ground.

due to sports betting ive been using it forever, as for its recent rise i have no clue.  

This isn't really a trap game.  

First, USF has a bye week next week... Second, UNC was not that big of a game - and it wasn't that emotional (as a last minute, fight-to-the-end kind of game can be)...

UC went to UL and played their heart out... but they won't have the same motivation for USF... UL is a much bigger rival for Cincy players and fans - and that kind of emotion could actually mean a let down for Cincinnati.

I don't think this game is an "easy" win, but I think USF will win this one without having to come from behind.  If USF can win either the turnover battle or the penalty battle, then USF will win.

It will not take a "perfect" game to beat the Bearcats, that is for sure.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The Bearcats always play us tough. What year was that double overtime win that we had against them a few years back at Ray Jay?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

that was 2 years ago... last year we won at cincy.  I don't remember the score, but I don't think it was that close.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

that was 2 years ago... last year we won at cincy.  I don't remember the score, but I don't think it was that close.

We beat Cincinnati at home last season. It was a close game up until about the middle of the 3rd quarter before we broke it open.

Our trip to Cincinnati in 2004 was not very pleasant.

They are going to be very tough. I think the Louisville score certainly showed our guys that they had better go there expecting a tough game.

Louisville and Cincinnati share the same distinction:

They have never beat USF in RayJay... They have never lost to USF at home.

This could be the week to end that for Cincy!!