• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very Happy the Gators Lost

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

They still beat your Vols RT, at home none the less.

It was my mother's 50th birthday (she's a Gator alum) needless to say she was very depressed Saturday night.

I am not a Gator fan, but I usually don't root against them as my whole family went to school there. The don't root against the Bulls in return...however, in 2010 everything changes.

I'd love to play them sooner, i.e. a BCS bowl.

i meant i was happy to see them lose because it brings the Vols back into the picture for the SEC race

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I know RT, I was just giving you crap. ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

don't we have a game at UF in 2009?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No we pushed it back to 2010 to add Miami in 2009

oh--- thought we moved the 2008 for that purpose or something like that.

So Grothe and Tebow may never cross paths, short of a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Gator Haters unite. I agree, I root for a Florida loss ALWAYS. Too many "adopted" Gator fans in the Bay area. If you went there, fine. If your relative went there, maybe. If you've got no direct ties to UF and you want to root for a college football team and you live here, root for USF. (And not as your No. 2 team either).

I follow what you are saying but why does that necessarily mean I need to hate them? Wy do you hate them? What did that school ever do to you personally?

I don't get that.

This is the read i get from most people who hate any of the big 3.  Some fan of one of the schools made fun of the bulls and called the bulls a low level program or something to that effect and they got mad had no retort because we havent accomplished very much YET in our short history.  So now they hate that school and its fans because someone gave them the ribbing that comes with being a high level college football fan and mixed it with a heavy dose of truth.  You caring about them losing and celebrating it only gives them ammo when they accuse you and this program of having an inferiority complex.  Like Mike G you should careless about what they do unless we are playing them, or it has a direct effect on what bowl we go to.

My hating them has nothing to do with the Bulls. Growing up, Gator fans were the most obnoxious around, epsecially for not having done crap in the overall scheme of things. When a good friend from high school got a scholly from FSU that pretty much galvanized my hatred ...

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

^^^^

I like that quote.  I'm glad we have GrothE and not Tebow though.  i'm a GrothE supporter through and through.

I can't wait till the Gators lose to Georgia, becasue I promise it will happen.  Aubrn will lose another too.  The SEC is out on the national Champ races.  too bad we're going to knock WVU or UL out on our way to the BCS!!!

Are you high...Not only do the Gators own Georgia, but if there is one team more overrated than Florida every year, it would have to be Gerogia. What a sorry excuse for a team that never wins anything. I hate both, and Florida even more, but they will beat Georgia. Did you see them against Vanderbilt...VANDER-F'ING-BILT. Pathetic.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I don't have anything per say against the gator fans that actually attended...it's mostly the obnoxious redneck fans that never went to any school touting THEIR gators

So according to this reasoning you can only be a fan of a particular college if you went there, and you pretty much cant be a college football fan if you didnt go to college?  Pretty stupid if you ask me.  

people can do whatever they want...doesn't mean I have to like it.

i realize not eveyone who is a college football fan attended college but it always seemed to me the gators had more than anyone else and a lot were ignorant rednecks.

What really pisses me 0ff are students that attend USF & USF Alums that consider themselves gayturd fans.

to keep that opinion in perspective, ET is not a USF grad or former student (I think). He is a huge fan though -- and that is important. He donates time, money, and spreads the word about the Bulls. We could benefit from a bunch of fans like that. Not going to our school is not as important as supporting our team. I know some alumni who don't give a crap about USF -- sad to say but true.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I have a friend who attended USF and doesn't give a crap about USF. She'll ask, but she is a die hard Gator. Still can't figure out why I am her friend. But, you have to remember that USF has been around 10 years (how long in Div. I-A?) so a lot of people haven't grown up cheering for them. The only cure for that is time. All we can do is attend home and away games and support the team.