• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Says He Will Play Against UNC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Risk Matt for the whole year by not letting him recover from an injury or start Pat at UNC.  PJ can win at UNC so i hope we don't rush Matt back to early.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Teams Pat beat- Rutgers, UL, TCU, UAB, Cinci twice, Memphis, UCF, ECU, and Rutgers.

Amazing, he's won games!?!

Matt will play, he needs to get past the next two weeks, that is beat UNC, and Cinci...then he has a two week rest gearing up for Pitt @ home would will be a HUGE game for us.  Turf toe will effect him but not like DeAndrew, Rub as a kick returner and receiver was forced to cut, and juke, and that was his game.  Matt not as much, he won't effect passing, and his running will be OK but probably a bit limited.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

My point is that we are good enough, and UNC is bad enough for Pat to get us through this game. He is experienced enough not to make too many mistakes, and put us in a position to win the game.

This is a moot point being that Matt will play and lead us to a win.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  385

Teams Pat beat- Rutgers, UL, TCU, UAB, Cinci twice, Memphis, UCF, ECU, and Rutgers.

Amazing, he's won games!?!

I think we had this guy who went by the name of Andre Hall...I heard he was pretty good.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

The thing with Pat is that he can have a great game or a bad game. Most USF fans got sick of seeing Pat do good one week then look lost the next week. Pat Julmiste had a great game on the road against TCU. Also a good game on the road against UAB. However, I still feel more confident with Matt in there because I remember Pat in the games against NC ST and UCONN last season. Not to put all the blame on Pat, but I think Matt gets the offense more in line.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

My point is that we are good enough, and UNC is bad enough for Pat to get us through this game. He is experienced enough not to make too many mistakes, and put us in a position to win the game.

Most know what your point was and understood it...

Pat is experienced enough to put us in a position to win the game but also has been inconsistent enough in the past for me to have concerns ... Hopefully, Matt is near 100% and we go in with our best players at all positions, a first for this year.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry, but if Pat was starting this year this team would be 2-4 (maybe worse) instead of 4-2.  No doubt about it.  When he came in last week he looked like he was moving in slow motion compared to Grothe.  His decision making was non-existence and the happy feet dominated his drop-back.  It was obvious not much had changed and I have always been a PJ fan.  Grothe is the man.  I agree with another comment, without Andre Hall PJ would not have won the games that we did.  Remember, Grothe is doing this practically alone and without a running game.  Thank goodness that Ponton is back this week, that will help even further.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Allright. MG has lead us to victories of DIA (and AA) power houses, UCONN, UCF, FIU, and MCneese State!

Lets see Mcnees, PJ is driving, Grothe comes in and goes 15 yards for a td that shouldn't have counted because of a fumble.

FIU: His INT for a pick 6 was a huge reason we needed a 14 point comeback. IF it wasnt for the D forcing a fumble late thats a L.

UCF: Kid had a great game.

Uconn: Block punt got us started. Strong second half.

THose are just the wins. His 3 second half turnovers really were are undoing vs RU, if it wasn't for another blocked kick that 2 point drop doesnt make a difference. KU he really looked average all game.

All you PJ haters talk about the D that one him games, if it wasn't for the D (this year giving up what 15 points a game?) MG would be 2-4 as well.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
All you PJ haters talk about the D that one him games, if it wasn't for the D (this year giving up what 15 points a game?) MG would be 2-4 as well.

Dude, Grothe hasn't had Andre Hall.  Shoot, he hasn't even had Ponton or Plancher!!  What's he had?  Walk-ons & true freshmen!  That's all I need to say about that.

One thing is for sure after having read through this thread: Ignorance truly knows no bounds.  The fact that even a single Pat Julmiste apologist exists to this day is simply incredible.  

Classic.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

One thing is for sure after having read through this thread: Ignorance truly knows no bounds.  The fact that even a single Pat Julmiste apologist exists to this day is simply incredible.  The guy absolutely sucks for three seasons, and then gets beat out and out-played (to put it mildly) by a RS freshman in his RS senior year, and we're still having this debate?!?!?!

Classic.

I sincerely hope you don't think anybody is debating that PJ should be starting over Matt.