• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GET OFF OF ROD SMITH'S BACK!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

B. Williams has been my favorite back of all the walk-ons we've had so far.  I hope he continues to get carries when Ponton comes back.  His style is more aggressive than the other backs we have, and he has a way of squirting out of tackles once he gets some momentum.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Offensive penalties are likely Rod's fault.

It seems, however, that he has learned a little bit from past mistakes.  I still don't think this guy is OC material yet.  The fact that he improved a little bit from last year to this year is encouraging though.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

rod cant control blocks in the back.  come on...rod cant always be the scapegoat for a loss.

he called a GREAT game tonight

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

this was uconn :D

had he done this in the last 6 games and we were bowl eligible right now i would be throwing flowers.

question: did our talent level change from game to game?

if the offense cont to improve and we don't see play calling that does not play to our strengths then at the end of the year i will give the man props.

lets see the Pitt, ul and wvu games before we annoint Rod smith the second comming :-/

i witnessed some BAD play calling against rutgers and fiu and mcneese st....

tonight i had to actually sit back and say "wow, that was a great call"

when things were going bad i was one in line to say rod needs to go but as he learns what grothe can do he is growing just as much as matt is.

you have to keep in mind that we havent been able to run to ball for poop.

i hope ricky comes out tough on saturday against unc

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

The fact that Matt Grothe ran the ball more than ZERO times after our SEASON flashed before our eyes is enough to tell you that Rod Smith is a freaking moron and will NEVER succeed at this level.

I hate him.

grothe obviously wouldnt of went back in the game if he wasnt able to do the things that make him great.  running the ball is one of those things.  i bet flipflop had no problem with seeing matt 'be matt' on those plays.  there are 2 things that will never leave this board....the attitude towards Rod Smith and UCF.  the question is....who does this board hate more?

i think rod did a good job tonight and i am hoping he builds on it.  dont get me wrong...he didnt buy himself another 3 years on his contract but atleast give praise when it is due.  you are quick to say yea its against uconn but when he struggles against miami, penn st, rutgers, oklahoma, alabama, etc you never seem to mention that it was against a defense that overmatched our offense.

i cant wait to see the game against NC...i am just mad that it is at noon and i cant watch it live.  i am gonna have to go out and buy a TEVO unit this week

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Rod was not the OC in the Blackwell years.  Last year was his first in that position.

I liked the throws downfield tonight.  Everything turned out ok, but I sure would have liked to continue using the otion that we ran on the first play of the game.  We only ran it one other time.  

Having a running back with some production adds a big dimension to what Grothe can do.  Can't wait to get Ponton back next week

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I thought most of our penalties came on defense and special teams. He called a good game and we did what we needed to do against them. Glad to see a good deal of rushing yards and ball/clock control.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Rod was not the OC in the Blackwell years.  Last year was his first in that position.

Yeah, Chico Canales and then Mike Hobbie were the OC's those years.