• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could have had him

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Since anyone can go and edit Wikipedia pages, I don't consider it a realiable web site.   In fact I can go change it to read, "although there were reports that he was interested in the job at the University of South Florida. USF did not hire him because they had a coach under contract and Huggins was  never a serious candidate"

As my boy Fred said - He who defends everything, defends nothing.

That's very nice, but I'm not sure how that applies here.

LOL, right.

It means that I'm not blinded by loyalty.

If you're not blinded by loyalty then you're blinded by something else .... There's nothing in what AB wrote that can be disputed based on facts.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

USF needs some 'program changing' players. Look at the top recruiting classes in the nation. In BE news, Syracuse is #2 & G'Town is #10.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/basketball/ncaa/

Notice who the #1 team is.

1. Kansas State

Impact Players: Bill Walker (No. 2 SF), Michael Beasley (No. 1 PF), Dominique Sutton (No. 11 SF)

Talk about urgency: The Wildcats will get Beasley and Walker together for one season, 2007-08, before both are likely to jump to the NBA.

Telep says they should form an "overwhelming front line" along with 7-foot-3 center Jason Bennett, the headliner of K-State's Class of 2006. Choosing Bob Huggins' second haul of recruits as the nation's No. 1 class, Telep said, "boils down to the fact that they got two guys who have the chance to be program-changers -- and that doesn't happen very often.

"Beasley will be one of the best players in the Big 12," said Telep, "and Bill Walker hits you with an enormous amount of power and size at the small forward position."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

USF needs some 'program changing' players. Look at the top recruiting classes in the nation. In BE news, Syracuse is #2 & G'Town is #10.

1. Kansas State

Impact Players: Bill Walker (No. 2 SF), Michael Beasley (No. 1 PF), Dominique Sutton (No. 11 SF)

Talk about urgency: The Wildcats will get Beasley and Walker together for one season, 2007-08, before both are likely to jump to the NBA.

Telep says they should form an "overwhelming front line" along with 7-foot-3 center Jason Bennett, the headliner of K-State's Class of 2006. Choosing Bob Huggins' second haul of recruits as the nation's No. 1 class, Telep said, "boils down to the fact that they got two guys who have the chance to be program-changers -- and that doesn't happen very often.

"Beasley will be one of the best players in the Big 12," said Telep, "and Bill Walker hits you with an enormous amount of power and size at the small forward position."

They looked great against the Ichabods the other night. They went to triple overtime to beat Washburn University by 4. The wildcats were outrebounded and outshot by a Div 2 team that was 10-16 overall and 4-12 in the MIAA conference last year.

that's called results.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

1. Kansas State

They looked great against the Ichabods the other night. They went to triple overtime to beat Washburn University by 4. The wildcats were outrebounded and outshot by a Div 2 team that was 10-16 overall and 4-12 in the MIAA conference last year.

that's called results.

Well that's very interesting and informative. Afterall, we know that a coach's first exhibition game with a brand new team is predictive of future results.  ::)

Maybe it's a reach; but I'm going to forecast that those 5 star recruits next year will help KSU.

He has two future NBA players inked to play for him...And to think this happened before he almost lost to the Div II Ichabods.  

KSU will be dancing next March.

I wish we had to worry about our recruits jumping to the NBA after their freshman year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1. Kansas State

that's called results.

Well that's very interesting and informative. Afterall, we know that a coach's first exhibition game with a brand new team is predictive of future results.  ::)

Maybe it's a reach; but I'm going to forecast that those 5 star recruits next year will help KSU.

He has two future NBA players inked to play for him...And to think this happened before he almost lost to the Div II Ichabods.  

I wish we had to worry about our recruits jumping to the NBA after their freshman year.

Walker will be eligible later this year. He had to take classes to graduate because he was ruled ineligible to play his senior year in high school. maybe that was becasue he enrolled as an eigth grader in ohio after playing his freshman year in high school the year before in kentucky.

He'll be lucky to be around after the first semester. Of course he dominated in high school. He was a 19 year old junior.

he'll be gone before the next guy gets there. If he ever gets there. Apparently you've never heard of a coach bringing in marginal student athletes to make a recruiting class look better than it is. Just ask Leavitt how that works.

I think Huggins coaching prowess will translate as well as Bobby Knights did. Yeah it worked in Cincy, a traditional power, but it won't work for long in manhattan just like Knights in Texas.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

1. Kansas State

that's called results.

Walker will be eligible later this year. He had to take classes to graduate because he was ruled ineligible to play his senior year in high school. maybe that was becasue he enrolled as an eigth grader in ohio after playing his freshman year in high school the year before in kentucky.

He'll be lucky to be around after the first semester. Of course he dominated in high school. He was a 19 year old junior.

he'll be gone before the next guy gets there. If he ever gets there. Apparently you've never heard of a coach bringing in marginal student athletes to make a recruiting class look better than it is. Just ask Leavitt how that works.

I think Huggins coaching prowess will translate as well as Bobby Knights did. Yeah it worked in Cincy, a traditional power, but it won't work for long in manhattan just like Knights in Texas.

1) Ask Leavitt how that works? Wow, why don't you tell us how you really feel about our over-achieving 10yr old football program. :-X

2) Cincy a traditional power??? LOL!! UC bb was GARBAGE when Huggins came in and turned it around.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Bull 94 wrote:

reub is right, huggins made cincy what it is today, a basketball school.  Thecomparison to knight and huggins is completely wrong.  You have to adapt to the times.  Knight was a greta coach in the 80s and 90s when the younger generations were completely different.  Now kids are all about athletic ability and playing above the rim.  You need a guy who can relate to young urban kids, who are the best in bball.  Mac is like a poor mans bobby knight, all about discipline and playing basketball the right way, guess what it doesnt work anymore.  The problem is kids dont want to play for guys like that, especially when their name is robert mccullum and not bobby knight.  

ps. i reiterate i am not a huge huggins fan (even though i would love him a usf, id love anyone else at usf) but i would bet the house kstate is going to be a top 25 program within 2 years.  Look at their past records too, they were doormats but guys like huggins are made to rebuild programs.  if there was any chance of usf getting him we seriously messed up/  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

You need a guy who can relate to young urban kids, who are the best in bball.

I'm trying to figure out how Nick Lachey fits in here .......

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
You need a guy who can relate to young urban kids, who are the best in bball.

I'm trying to figure out how Nick Lachey fits in here .......

999!!