• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could have had him

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Why the hell would you bump this?  There are only four threads on here that anyone post on.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Why the hell would you bump this?  There are only four threads on here that anyone post on.

I think Rueb is valiantly trying to make a point that we effed up by not taking Jerry Tarkanian Lite, Bob Huggins, and he doesn't want us to forget it .... Facts like there never appeared to be any serious interest from either side don't seem to dissuade them in their Crusade.   8-)

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=rivals-68829&prov=rivals&type=lgns

Just to highlight the article:

No program has undergone a bigger transformation this past offseason than Kansas State, which is squarely in the national spotlight after drifting off the college basketball map in recent years.

Consider these changes:

The Wildcats will play five nationally televised games in the regular season (ESPN2 recently picked up their game at Xavier on Jan. 3), including two appearances on ABC. The four TV games are more than the last three years combined. The Wildcats haven't been on ABC since reaching the Big Eight Tournament final in 1998.

Ticket sales have already hit record levels. It looks like most home games will be sold out.  :o

The Wildcats have gone from recruiting traditional sleepers to going after some of the best prospects in the nation. Huggins has already achieved remarkable recruiting success. Michael Beasley, the No. 1-ranked prospect in the class of 2007, has committed to the Wildcats. According to the Kansas City Star, Bill Walker - the No. 6-ranked prospect in the class - has been admitted to the school and will be eligible by Dec. 17. The 2006 recruiting class is highlighted by five-star center Jason Bennett (7-foot-2) and guard Blake Young, one of the nation's top junior college transfers.

The Wildcats will be part of a three-game event televised by ESPN in November 2007 – near Thanksgiving.

The increased attention can be traced back to the hiring of Bob Huggins in March.

- Wow! Good for them...Seems like the gamble is already paying off.

Why did I bump this? B/c I wanted to make sure everyone saw the above article; not just the back and forth bickering.

Trip - You state "never appeared to be any serious interest" as a fact...LOL. Seems more like an opinion, imo.

And in reference to my track record - This is playing out EXACTLY how I said it would. Huggins=SOLD OUT DOME & 5-STAR RECRUITS. We'll have to wait and see if the winning part follows, but I like my odds.

Rueb ~ It's hard work being this good.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There's a reason he was fired from Cincinnati.

There's a reason why schools weren't knocking down his door trying to get him.

There's a reason he ended up at Kansas State.

Trip - You state "never appeared to be any serious interest" as a fact...LOL. Seems more like an opinion, imo.

It's a fact until you can show me where there appeared to be serious interest on one side or the other ...

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

It's a fact until you can show me where there appeared to be serious interest on one side or the other ...

False...That is not a fact, not even close.

How could it reach the "serious interest"  point when USF was unwilling to talk?? Duh duh duh!

Rueb

PS -

Ticket sales have already hit record levels. It looks like most home games will be sold out.

The Wildcats will play five nationally televised games in the regular season (ESPN2 recently picked up their game at Xavier on Jan. 3), including two appearances on ABC.

How could it reach the "serious interest"  point when USF was unwilling to talk?? Duh duh duh!

Rueb

So you're corroborating the fact that it never did reach the serious interest point ......... Thanks.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

Rueb

[highlight]So you're corroborating the fact that it never did reach the serious interest point [/highlight]......... Thanks.

That's EXACTLY what I'm saying...USF screwed up before even thinking it through.

The UC connection was there, and it would have taken balls (no pun intended) to make the right decision. She didn't want to make her friend look stupid...Very simple.

Sadly for bb fans, USF only takes chances in regards to it's football program. I guess the Pres and AD didn't get that memo about joining a bb conference.

Your welcome.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You only make a move if you feel you have the wrong guy... USF does not feel they have the wrong guy and THAT alone is what makes them not move.

If they felt they had the wrong guy, they still wouldn't have went after Huggins.  He may be a good recruiter, but he's got baggage that we would not take.  There is a right way and a wrong way to do thinks, and i'm happy that we would never go that direction.  If we do change coaches any time in the future... it will be someone with class.

Your welcome.

Stop that.