• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL overpaid?  Oracle today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

That guy is an idiot.

If anything Judy is underpaid when comparing to her counterparts.  Hitt's total comp blows her away.  Almost any other top 50 public university president's total comp is better.

I guess this guy thinks that a line worker in an assembly plan should make more than the CEO because the CEO is just making big picture decisions and the line worker is actually doing the work.

Absurd.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

clearly he is a communist

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

That guy is an idiot.

If anything Judy is underpaid when comparing to her counterparts.  Hitt's total comp blows her away.  Almost any other top 50 public university president's total comp is better.

I guess this guy thinks that a line worker in an assembly plan should make more than the CEO because the CEO is just making big picture decisions and the line worker is actually doing the work.

Absurd.

I think CFO's are useless. The lowest life forms in a corp. Now CIO's on the other hand are gods.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

It's common knowledge that few people go into academia for the pay.  They all know that going into the job.  Therefore to have somebody bellyache about it after the fact is silly.  Hey, Josh!  If you're looking for a high salary, go study engineering or business!  The rewards of being a professor are considerable, but they're not often financial.  

This is such a well worn argument that I'm shocked that it's still being debated in a college newspaper.  "Why do we pay professional athletes and entertainers more than school teachers and policemen?"  I think it's a subject most high school newspapers tackle.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Power to the proletariat! :D CJL is part of the bourgeosie! :o

lol....   ::)

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Article of the year!

No, not really. As I read this I was wondering if that guy was really that stupid or if he just like stirring up trouble!

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Did someone say economics?! I think I heard read economics.

This guy has it all wrong. Actually, studies have shown that CJL and Judy Genshaft are making the market value for their jobs. Professors are actually getting MORE than they would otherwise be getting in the private sector. Of course, he didn't mention that in his letter.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I might ask this good man how many miniutes has our anthropology professors gotten USF on NATIONAL TV. Jim Leavitt and the football program are a bargain.

Also, as a professor myself, when 40,000 students will line up to pay $30 each to watch me lecture, then I will want that million dollars. Until then I'll be happy with my salary.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I agree that professors and others need to be paid well for their services/jobs... but it really is not easy being "king."  I know Judge Judy has a lot on her plate Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, AND Sun.  How many of us work 7 days a week...

Anyway, CJL doesn't get enough support outside of his salary.  He needs the funds to build our program... and recruit!  I have no problem with him taking care of biz while working his tail off for us.  I wouldn't trade him for anyone.