• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt blames bad info for call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

right decision...weak playcall.

we have a ton of speed and shiftiness yet try to overpower a sizeable KU DL with an OL that has been struggling all year.

Could we be seeing the beginning of the end for Rod smith?

Has CJL ever specifically called out any of his coaches before? While Leavitt hs the final say, rod smith was the one who called the play.

If anything else run an option with MG and Randolph, Jackson or Johnson.....grrrrrrrr

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Days Won:  0

I think the game was lost when Leavitt didn't challenge  RB Walt Smith knee was down before fumbling... He is quoted in the paper that he thought the knee was down. Apparently he would rather save a time out then challenging the call and maintaining possession. I was shocked Leavitt didn't challenge.

It's a no brain er decision.....

Wasn't it 4 QB sneaks in a row? That is what gets me.

Yes, the play summary shows that it was four MG carries in a row. For 1, 1, 6, and 1 yards. (1+1+6+1 = 9 for those UCF lurkers who can't do math).

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

I thought it was 1/2 yard to 1st down since I saw the yellow line marked right there on TV then next play, the yellow line moved about 2 yards away from the scrimmiage line!

I am wondering if they saw that yellow line too?!?!?

Anyone has copy?

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Tha kansas loss was a crappy situation...  But one loss is not the end of the world. There was a ton of things wrong with the game, but we need to overcome this and get ready for rutgers...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

If you go for it and make a td, you lucked out on a bad decision.  If you go for it and fail to get a td, you are a dumba$$.  If you kick and make it, you did what you should have done.  If you kick and miss, you missed but did what you should have.

In my uninformed and naive opinion, with a six point spread on the road, you take what you can when you can.  I understand CJL's point, but we get conservative when we shouldn't and get Voodoo when we should be conservative.  I guess that is why I am not a coach...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

well, if we hit that field goal we have a 44 or so yard kick to tie the game at the end...so thats disappointing...but i still agree with the decision but not the play, as others do.

another important point is that leavitt points out that smith's knee was down, a point some argued with me over.  someone in the booth should have been on top of that as well. the endzone view clearly showed his knee down before the ball came out

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If you go for it and make a td, you lucked out on a bad decision.  If you go for it and fail to get a td, you are a dumba$$.  If you kick and make it, you did what you should have done.  If you kick and miss, you missed but did what you should have.

In my uninformed and naive opinion, with a six point spread on the road, you take what you can when you can.  I understand CJL's point, but we get conservative when we shouldn't and get Voodoo when we should be conservative.  I guess that is why I am not a coach...

actually you sound like a smart coach