• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FireRodSmith.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Well coached game?  Are you serious with this?  Here are the numerious coaching errors i saw.

You have an obvious advantage in speed but you dont run crossing routes to exploit this

Your front 4 gets no pass rush what so ever but you dont blitz to help improve this

PENALTIES ARE A RESULT OF COACHING, WELL COACHED TEAMS DONT COMMIT 8 PENALTIES EVERY GAME

The offensive play calling is STILL far too conservative, if we take a loss its pretty much a give the next play will be a designed run for Grothe

You run the option for success every time you ran it why not keep running it?  Make them prove they can stop it

Yeah that sounds like a well coached game to me.   ::)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The penalty on the long reception and the fumble hurt us more than the play calling.  We were moving up until these miscues

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

How the HELL can you hang this one on Rod? The offense played well considering we had no running game, yet still put up 309.

If you WANNA nitpick blame the freaking Defense...over 270 yards with a backup QB.

This was just a team loss...not Rod Smith, not the Defense.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'm not a Rod fan, and although I don't agree with the theory that he lost us this game, I have been wondering what his obsession with the QB draw in key situations (i.e. 3rd & long) is.

:-/

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

That's a designed pick play in front of the Mike backer... normally the backer makes the initial contact with the X receiver or the tight end (tight end in this case), and we're taught to fight through it... if the ball hadn't been in the air, no penalty would have been called. It was a tough break... I wish we would've seen that play earlier in the game...

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

There will come a time when matt will learn that he has to throw the b all away sometimes or he wont make it to the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

sad thing about that call is that LB wasnt even going to break on the coverage towards Amp.

and the flag came very late (after amp had about 5 or 6 steps)

either way...cant hang it on rod, or any one play.

we should of played better on 3rd downs and got a better run block going...thru the entire game.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The linebackers responsibilty is to place a good bump on the receiver crossing in front. Amp was wide open... just wish we would have utilized that play earlier.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Percentage wise, I believe a running play in that situation is the correct call.  The defense was probably three deep with the linebackers dropping back into coverage as well.  Unfortunately, we don't have a good running play or a decent running back, so I'm sure Matt was the best option.  Just didn't execute on the blocking, and the defense did a good job of sniffing it out.

Regarding Bleakley's block:  I thought a chop block is where a defender is engaged with another blocker and a different blocker comes in and chops the defender's legs out from under him.  I thought that was a clean block.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

It's the same thing Jenkins got busted for against FIU... diving at the ankles.