• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk Herbstreit just predicted us to lose to...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

You guys are too funny.  Those of you that said Herbstreit doesn't know anything about us are right.  Not only that, Herbstreit doesn't care about us.  Not because he hates us, but because the show that he is on is all about RATINGS.  He will continue to trumpet Rutgers (as will all the other ESPN shills) until they lose.  Why?  NYC is the biggest media market in the nation.  ESPN actually hopes that Rutgers keeps winning so they can throw an obligatory bone RU's way each week on Gameday and keep the NYC market interested in college football.  College football has to compete with the Giants, Jets, Yankees and Mets.  The Knicks, Nets, Rangers and Islanders will be starting up soon too.  It is a brutal market, so if the Gameday putzes can make a dent in it with RU, you can bet they will.  USF is not even a consideration to the producers from ESPN, until 48 hours before we play on one of their channels.

Now, if we can win some big games (like Louisville last year) we can start to turn those perceptions around.  Like others have said, we need to knock off KU first, if we can.  Then we can put the NYC media darlings to rest after that.

Normal

ONLY A FEW ON THE BOARD UNDERSTAND THIS CONCEPT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

All I know is that I'm concerned about the 8 game home winning streak the Jayhawks are on currently.

They play tough at home and they are beating Big 12 teams during that streak. That's not exactly easy They will be a tough opponent regardless of how many folks are giving them less than appropriate respect.

THIS GOES WITHOUT SAYING

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

All I know is that I'm concerned about the 8 game home winning streak the Jayhawks are on currently.

They play tough at home and they are beating Big 12 teams during that streak. That's not exactly easy They will be a tough opponent regardless of how many folks are giving them less than appropriate respect.

THIS GOES WITHOUT SAYING

well I'm still going to say it... we better play tough and avoid mistakes. We don't have much room to play sloppy against this team. They may have given up some yardage in the passing game (247 per game average) but they are great against the run. Maybe that works to our favor since we aren't using the run much at all anyway other than the QB taking off whenever they leave him a running lane.

Hmmm-- avoid mistakes, play good run defence, and continue to makes plays in the passing/QB running game-- that should give us a good shot at coming out of this one with a W.

THEN we can talk about slutgirls.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

You guys say "Rutgers hasn't beaten anyone yet" yet they've DOMINATED every team they've played. We have not dominated anyone, and we've played three awful teams ourselves. So maybe we should shut up and hope it's a good game. Frankly, having watched two Rutgers games from start to finish, I see a team that's both bigger and faster than ours.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ohio I was saving any talk about Rutgers until after this weekend.

However, If I said anything...It would be exactly what you said.

Kansas for now.