• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Remember How the Media "infiltrated" USF....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

wait until ricky and josh come back....you know how mad they are right now?  only thing feeling that anger right now is the weight room.

ricky is gonna come back like a man on a mission.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

You know what... it was only on the message board here for how many days... Brett finally decided to dig after all the speculation and heard what we had been saying on here. I don't understand why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch. Wasn't Smazza the first to bring it up... hell... he's in LA... what the f*ck would an LA guy know about who's smoking out in Tampa? For people riding Brett... it was the message board that broke the news... Brett only confirmed the rumors... back off Brett... it was the fault of the board. Anyone who thinks Moises and two other running backs are better than Ponton after seeing Ponton play last year really need to reevaluate their fantasy football skills. Smazza and some others had the intution to suggest something other than Ponton getting beat out had played a part. Maybe that's why he makes the big bucks as an attorney... who'da thought?

as a former newspaperman myself i knew something was amiss when ponton disappeared from depth chart.common sense? watching the game 40 years?

we should be thrilled that we have a guy like brett covering the bulls.brett is a giant supporter of our program.

original joe-this is a tough room to turnaround once their mind is made up on an issue

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

ugh.  every time i look at this thread title i think it's about the "mafia" being infiltrated...i need to go to sleep...

oh, and isn't it reporters job to find out why players were suspended? i would have wanted to know.  not sure what it hurts except giving idiots from other papers something to write about that doesnt mean much.

wait until ricky and josh come back....you know how mad they are right now?  only thing feeling that anger right now is the weight room.

how long will they be in leavitt's infamous dog house

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

3 more games .......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Yeah, I am fine with a reporter doing their job. I would hope that if a reporter got wind of a drug-related suspension that he/she would make it public. I don't care if Grothe was caught smoking crack on Nebraska, it's a reporter's job to report news as they see fit, home town or not.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

3 more games .......

From your mouth to god's ear, TB!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

to discover that Ponton, Julmiste, and Chambers smoked pot and got suspended?

Well it turns out we aren't the only ones who have that problem. The Orlando Sentinel after getting no answer from UF why star DT Marcus Thomas was suspended 5 games went to the mother...

I'm bringing this up because I had several people bash me on here for saying this happens everywhere. The level of media coverage on this and the questions Urban Meyer gets will be unlike anything the Jim got pissed about.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-bk-marcus092006,0,1563668.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Joe,

There was a problem with the way the information was derived.  USF has a legit beef on their end, you all can try to make comparisons but the beef isn't something stirred up message boards, and it isn't Jim Leavitt being paranoid, this goes deep within the Athletic Department and they were upset about it.

As for the Gators.  Funny, Marcus Thomas was suspended for the first game (MYSTERIOUSLY I MIGHT ADD), a suspension which was never commented on, and then plays for the UCF game, and then is gone for the subsequent games after UT.

What was Marcus Thomas' suspension for in the first game?  Why the convenient skip in detention?  Why when Urban Meyer said they do not want to talk about it and that is final, that the media accept that as a reasonable answer?  

Amazing why reporters get mulligans around here but our own school and coaches get the chastizing.  Leavitt was right on his position and so is the University.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

to discover that Ponton, Julmiste, and Chambers smoked pot and got suspended?

Well it turns out we aren't the only ones who have that problem. The Orlando Sentinel after getting no answer from UF why star DT Marcus Thomas was suspended 5 games went to the mother...

I'm bringing this up because I had several people bash me on here for saying this happens everywhere. The level of media coverage on this and the questions Urban Meyer gets will be unlike anything the Jim got pissed about.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/local/orl-bk-marcus092006,0,1563668.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Joe,

There was a problem with the way the information was derived.  USF has a legit beef on their end, you all can try to make comparisons but the beef isn't something stirred up message boards, and it isn't Jim Leavitt being paranoid, this goes deep within the Athletic Department and they were upset about it.

As for the Gators.  Funny, Marcus Thomas was suspended for the first game (MYSTERIOUSLY I MIGHT ADD), a suspension which was never commented on, and then plays for the UCF game, and then is gone for the subsequent games after UT.

What was Marcus Thomas' suspension for in the first game?  Why the convenient skip in detention?  Why when Urban Meyer said they do not want to talk about it and that is final, that the media accept that as a reasonable answer?  

Amazing why reporters get mulligans around here but our own school and coaches get the chastizing.  Leavitt was right on his position and so is the University.

Wasn't the first game of the year for his first offense and then the second failed drug got him the 6 games?

Yeah, I am fine with a reporter doing their job. I would hope that if a reporter got wind of a drug-related suspension that he/she would make it public. I don't care if Grothe was caught smoking crack on Nebraska, it's a reporter's job to report news as they see fit, home town or not.

SIMPLE CONCEPT