• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q: Can we go 2-0 in the next two?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Really! --about the tix?  I wonder if Duke does that too. Ha! Ha!

Yes about the tixs at Kansas.

And no, Duke does not do that for football.  Kids are already camping out for the basketball season... very sick.

I missed the Grad student campout for season tickets because I decided to go to the UCF game.

I do not regret it one bit!

GO BULLS!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Rutgers is all running game no QB.  Stop their RB and you stop them... but USF couldn't seem to stop the run yesterday.

Rutgers' QB is not a running QB like the last three we've faced.  That means our DL can tee off on him in passing situations... it also frees up the LBs to do more blitzing and pass rushing.

The problem will be our running game.  Rutgers held Ohio to 3 yards total yesterday and Illinois to 66 yards last week, but North Carolina had 169 yards rushing.

I think Rutgers is looking good because they are playing bad teams.  They play I-AA Howard next week, so the Scarlet Knights will be 4-0 coming to Tampa.

If this was in NJ, Rutgers would be 7 point favorites... here in Tampa it will be Pick 'Em...

We didn't stop the run in the first half. We did for all but one of UCF's drives in the second half. We do need to stop Rutgers all 4 quarters though. We certainly have to force their QB to pass.

The D line got some nice pressure yesterday, but that still has to improve, as does stopping the runs between the tackles.

Mello, I didn't forget about the special teams. Just trying not to think about it right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We have yet to give up a Running TD.

And teams are 3 for 6 in the Red Zone ...

We will be in The BULL Pen for Rutgers and hope our fans show up in force. Know we can count on students and HOT ... with both teams most likely undefeated, should bring the fans.

Friday Night on ESPN2

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

From what I saw in the Kanas game the other night, they are Beatable.  Rutgers is a better team.  We need to play hard for four quarters and keep our punter off the field.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Kansas- On offense they have a very good RB, Very elusive and has good break away speed.  Their QB is young (and looks like sunshine from remember the titans) and is playing like it by forcing the ball into coverage.  Their O-line is average.

Defnese

On the other side of the ball they look to be physical but lack alot of team speed, especially in their front 7.  Their secondary seems to lack closing speed and good ball skills as toledo tourched them for the majority of their game on friday.  

I think the only real match up problem we could have is stoping their running game, if we can do that though we will be in good shape because their QB doesnt always make the best decisions.  We also need to lock the punter and long snapper in a room somewhere till they can handle their exchange in their sleep!

Rugters

I think its hard to get a read on Rugters because they havent really played a good team yet.  We will be the first team they play that has speed all over the field so that is a plus.  The down side is they have a big physical O-Line and a very physical and talented RB in Rice.  They like to run down hill and between the tackles so that will cause us problems because our d-line is undersized.   If we dont get our run defense and defensive line play together it could be a long night.  Defensivley they are very aggressive and bring alot of pressure. I think we would be better served to spreading the field and throwing alot of quick passes and let our recievers use their atheticism.  Their D-line is physical but not very fast, their linebackers are very active and have good but not great speed, their secondary is average but has good speed as well.  We need to get a few more planned roll outs and move the pocket in the passing game to help negate some of their pressure and take advantage of Grothe as a dual threat.  Bottom line if we dont protect in the passing game and cant stop the run it could get out of hand.  

Edit: I say there is about a 55% chance we win the next 2.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There is no team on the schedule that can't beat us, and vice versa (although UL and WVU would take almost perfectly played games).

Kansas can beat us.  We do have to get better, and I think we will.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

We have to play well for 4 quarters to beat Rutgers. They are solid this season. We'll have to make sure we don't give their RB's easy yards between the tackles. We cover the outside run well.

I think Kansas is certainly beatable, but they do have a good looking RB. Shut him down and we should be in a good position to win.

The teams rutgers have beaten, overall, have not looked that good against other competition this season.  Rutgers therefore must also be careful about coming to Raymond James with their head in the clouds.  No doubt they're a good team, but double digit dogs for us?  No way.  They didn't blow out Miami or Texas, they blew out Ron Zook and the Illini.  They had a close game with a UNC team that had a close win over a 1-aa.

Remember everyone, the season is still young.  I, for one, am thankful we're 3-0 at this point.  Ugly as we looked, some teams notably considered to be better preseason have done worse - LOST those game.  Our team does need to come together for what should be an even harder road game coming up.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Probably 0-2 but we've got a shot at Kansas.  I don't see us stopping the Rutgers running game.  We'll be wore our by half time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Rutgers beat: UNC, IL & Ohio ... toughest team would be IL and they lost to Syracuse.

Rutger faces Howard before our game.

We are going 2-0 these next 2 games. Kansas FIRST !!!

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

UNC is much tougher than ILL.  The Illini are just aweful this year.

We'll have our hands full with every game we have left.  I just want to see good play and few stupid mistakes.  The rest will take care of itself.