• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We dont travel well?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe that's the case but I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure HCC and SPC students get discounted rates to the games but not free tickets

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I'll admit, I was very surprised at the attendance.  I was told by friends that we would have a lot of fans in attendance but I didn't think we would have 7K.  I was glad to say that I was part of the travelling contingent for this game.  It was a blast!  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I am sorry, but there is no reason why USF shouldnt play UCF each year. It is great for the game of college football. It is great for the economy of both Tampa and Orlando. Why do some USF fans have to be stuck up and arrogant all the time?? Have we forgot where we came from?? I had a nice experience in O-Town. Most of the UCF fans were nice, and they did not give me a hard time. For that, I am going to thank them for being classy because I thought I was in for it after reading these message boards. In a way, I have grown to have some kind of love-hate relationship with UCF. I want UCF to beat USM, but then again I know that some UCF fans will rip on USF after we lose a game. To me, that is what makes a fun rivalry.

PS

We need to make sure these USF fans start buying their tickets through USF athletics, not Ticketmaster.  

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I am sorry, but there is no reason why USF shouldnt play UCF each year. It is great for the game of college football. It is great for the economy of both Tampa and Orlando. Why do some USF fans have to be stuck up and arrogant all the time?? Have we forgot where we came from?? I had a nice experience in O-Town. Most of the UCF fans were nice, and they did not give me a hard time. For that, I am going to thank them for being classy because I thought I was in for it after reading these message boards. In a way, I have grown to have some kind of love-hate relationship with UCF. I want UCF to beat USM, but then again I know that some UCF fans will rip on USF after we lose a game. To me, that is what makes a fun rivalry.

PS

We need to make sure these USF fans start buying their tickets through USF athletics, not Ticketmaster.  

Interesting you should say that--I was thinking recently of another uneven "rivalry" game--the Aggie-Eagle Classic, which until last year pitted the D-IAA (MEAC) NC A&T Aggies against the D-II (CIAA) NC Central Eagles. It was an uneven matchup divisionally, but drove black college football fans throughout Central NC crazy. It was played on a neutral turf (Raleigh, minutes from Central's campus in Durham and over an hour from A&T's in Greensboro) and it pumped lots into the economy. If we are going to keep this going, why not make a weekend out of it? Obviously black college football is a different animal and the weekend included step shows, concerts, a parade, battle of the bands, etc., but why not get Disney/Busch Gardens involved and make this a Tampa/Orlando affair, hopefully bringing people out for the weekend to either location? You've got two great bands involved so there's an additional event...

It should also be noted, however, that A&T seems to have dropped the classic like a bad habit once Winston-Salem State, formerly of the CIAA, moved up a division and joined the MEAC, creating a new rivalry.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I was also suprised ... but for a game soo close, still wish we had more there.

But nearly half of our Fan Base is very good.

Proud to be part of BULL Nation at this game also Gene.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

As close as Orlando I see no reason why we were not all there.  It was a great experience and the UCF people were so much better than I expected after last year at Tampa. The bus trip was awesome going and coming and of course the win made it even better.  We must get the word out to buy tickets through USF NOT Ticketmaster so that our numbers count!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

A great time had by all!!!  I was glad to hear our fans cheering thier hearts out!  The band was awesome!!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Have we forgot where we came from??

hopefully, we can at least put it behind us and move forward.

PS

agreed

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sure to hear all of the things that went wrong about this game, but A win, is A win, is A win...  Thank God it's over, and Double thanks we won !!!  It was great to see the regulars and new friends at the tailgate and I think we did a great job reppin' ourselves in the hood...      AS ALWAYS,  GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

U guys did fine traveling to this game... Why anyone wants to kill this series is beond me. there isnt anyone else U or us will bring in every other year that will pack the stadium like this game. plus its a real cheap road trip.. no planes dont even have to have hotels unless the team wants to.