• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF attendance takes another hit.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Just got outa a class that has a few girls from different sororities. The rundown is most of the soritoity girls that got tickets are not attending the game. Apperantly a few sororities are having "major events" this weekend, and as many as half of them who got tickets arent going to the game. So I ask these ladies if there going to sell there tickets, response is, "Hell no, we wouldnt want anybody sitting with our sorioty, only other greeks".

This is 2 days after they got the tickets and there already bailing, and refusing to sell them to students who want to go.

If the numbers are consistant accross the tickets that the treasuer bought, we may see only 200 of those 400 greeks show up. I really hope thats not the case.

Thought many used their Excel chapter lists...and never bothered to ask if all members were going.

Plus, since scalping is now officially LEGAL in the State of FL since July 1, 2006...its a great opportunity for some to make a quick buck off $5 tix...when most available on gameday will be $30 but with a 30-40 mins WAIT at the window!

Yes, it's legal - but you have to sell them in person or via a website like StubHub or Ticketmaster (yes they resell tickets) that includes protections against fraud.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Would there ever be a point when you would think the student government should be accountable for bad policy?

you heard that from a few girls. They better use those tickets otherwise the headache is about to get bigger for SG.

It's not SG's fualt that a few girls bought tickets and now won't go... LEAVE SG OUT OF THAT.

It wouldn't make SG have a headache... it should make greeks have a headache.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Frats and Sorts are retarded. They are a bunch of babies who cannot let go of the "good times" they had in high school. They are elitist groups who seek to perpetuate a caste/class system. If you think things are bad, try going to a smaller school like Stetson in DeLand. There something like 40% of the student population is Greek. Incoming freshman were all getting along and socializing together and then rush week came and changed all of that very quickly. If you are down with the BS and the homo-eroticism that occurs with Frats, go for it. Otherwise, try and unite the students at USF and get these groups out of power. They are by far in the minority, but they wield so much power because they are organized and have way too much time on their hands. Time that could be better spent posting worthless drivle on a message board.  ;)

Couldn't disagree more, but you're entitled to your opinion. Don't hate on the Greek System because they happen to be more organized than a good majority of student organizations at USF, congratulate the Greeks for being active at USF and supporting athletics. I'm sure those tickets will find good owners, be it Greek or otherwise. Some of you may hate it, but USF is transitioning to more of a traditional campus each day. This transition is encouraged by a growth in Greek life. The bottom line is that we are all USF and those tickets will more than likely be used.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Ahh... I'm done fighting the fight.  Think what you wish... stop complaining on the board.  It doesn't  do anything.  NOT ONE PERSON COMPLAINED AT THE SENATE MEETING LAST NIGHT.  Until someone gives your opinion... it's not heard.

And for once... I'm not taking your story to them.  I have mentioned some things... but I don't work on these projects.  

Have fun... letter and attendance neccessary I assume.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Just got outa a class that has a few girls from different sororities. The rundown is most of the soritoity girls that got tickets are not attending the game. Apperantly a few sororities are having "major events" this weekend, and as many as half of them who got tickets arent going to the game. So I ask these ladies if there going to sell there tickets, response is, "Hell no, we wouldnt want anybody sitting with our sorioty, only other greeks".

This is 2 days after they got the tickets and there already bailing, and refusing to sell them to students who want to go.

If the numbers are consistant accross the tickets that the treasuer bought, we may see only 200 of those 400 greeks show up. I really hope thats not the case.

BAD SCHEDULING ON THEIR PART

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

BAD SCHEDULING ON THEIR PART

I wonder if UF sororities schedule events on the weekend they play FSU or UGA .....  ::)

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Ahh... I'm done fighting the fight.  Think what you wish... stop complaining on the board.  It doesn't  do anything.  NOT ONE PERSON COMPLAINED AT THE SENATE MEETING LAST NIGHT.  Until someone gives your opinion... it's not heard.

And for once... I'm not taking your story to them.  I have mentioned some things... but I don't work on these projects.  

Of course no one complained last night, were we suppose to waste our time that we had already in line about some tickets that we wont get?? Duhhh...I am done with SGA, and props to whoever said they should use U#s for voting as well...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Of course no one complained last night, were we suppose to waste our time that we had already in line about some tickets that we wont get?? Duhhh...I am done with SGA, and props to whoever said they should use U#s for voting as well...

I was the one who made the remark about SGA voting, and if you think about it it makes perfect sense, at least within the context of the goals for the ticket sale.

You heard them say they were concerned with having as many students at the game as possible. So as many students as possible should vote, and what better way than to allow 1 to caste a vote for 500. And do not go using the old "thats not a fair way to vote" routine, because you weren't worried about it in giving out the tickets. In both instances the focus should be on student participation, so I say fuggit, let one person vote for as many U ID #'s as they can get. And screw checking the ID #'s, we will take everyone's word for it, afterall, why would anyone want to cheat the system?

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I was the one who made the remark about SGA voting, and if you think about it it makes perfect sense, at least within the context of the goals for the ticket sale.

You heard them say they were concerned with having as many students at the game as possible. So as many students as possible should vote, and what better way than to allow 1 to caste a vote for 500. And do not go using the old "thats not a fair way to vote" routine, because you weren't worried about it in giving out the tickets. In both instances the focus should be on student participation, so I say fuggit, let one person vote for as many U ID #'s as they can get. And screw checking the ID #'s, we will take everyone's word for it, afterall, why would anyone want to cheat the system?

Slight difference between ticket sales and electing the guy who would suggest the ticket sales.

Ironicly... if you really had everyones U number and OASIS password... you COULD vote for whoever...  you just have to collect both.... sorry

you vote online http://www.usf.edu/vote

I'm not going to argue the issue anymore... and I hope it drops.  BUT, if you want, or believe we should have a better system for future projects like this... TELL SOMEONE WHO RUNS IT!  And no... thats not me.. and for that fact, no one on this board.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I'm just bustin; your chops and stirring the pot. I highly doubt the same mistakes will be made again. You live and learn. It is just fun to poke the wasps nest a bit, especially when you have no fear of being stung..... ;)