• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG PROVIDED A SERVICE and should be thanked

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I am no longer affliated with SG. So if I did such a thing its not on SG. Maybe I had a friend at the front of the line with the U #'s of the people I needed tickets for. Thus maybe I did not break any rules.

whatever.  thank you for proving our (those saying there were serious flaws with the distribution) point.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

So now its the Oracles fault?? We have known about this game until since what 3 years ago...I just find it funny, that no one who isnt a part of "Something" didnt know anything about it til after the fact...

The Oracle was supposed to run a bunch of ad's for the UCF tickets... but they didn't run them... for whatever reason.

All they did was mention it in a few articles.  We get the word out through the Oracle.. if they don't print what YOU THE STUDENTS PAY FOR... we can't force it.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I don't think it's the Oracles fault at all.  Obviously they were not needed.  I knew tickets would go on sale.  I went.  Clearly other students knew without advertisement.  So don't blame the Oracle.  Blame whoever came up with the plan to not put a cap the 2nd day knowing the demand was so great.

Again, good job for getting tickets, but horrible job at handing them out.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

SG, um, thank you for doing your job.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

The hit that SG is taking on this is crazy. I think that the people in SG that made this ticket sale happen need to be thanked. Because of SG there will be at least 1250 extra Bulls in the stadium. The goal was to drum up interest for the game. I think the goal was accomplished. The AD sold under 2k tickets. SG sold almost as many as our Athletic department. Did everybody that wanted tickets get them at the discounted price? No. But there are still tickets available.  

Agree. It was a great project!

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

1)  SG hasn't gotten any one to the game.  They sold them tickets but let's see who shows up.

2)  If the Oracle didn't run ads, then who was the person in charge for SG in advertising.

3)  If the word was out up to three weeks ago, why didn't anyone on here know about the system and why didn't anyone associated with athletics even know what you were up to.

4)  SG represents all students, not just student organizations.  Perhaps they need a refresher course in what government is suppose to be about and stop paying attention to how the politicians in Washington act.

5)  If tickets were to go on sale Monday and you put an ad in Monday's paper, most students aren't going to see the paper until it's already too late.  How about advertising in advance.  All of you rip on the athletic department for how we advertise I can't imagine the comments people like (I don't want to give names) would be making towards us right now.  Instead he's defending his kind.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

The Oracle was supposed to run a bunch of ad's for the UCF tickets... but they didn't run them... for whatever reason.

I assume you got a refund for the ads .........?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

I cant complain to much, i got my 6 tickets, i was there an hour early yesterday...and the whole time i was in line i wasnt even sure if i was gonna get lucky or not...Im thankful for the opportunity to have these cheap tickets.

I just think they could have done better, they should have done seperate orders for the greeks, and allowed the other tickets to have a cap.

SG did a good job getting us tickets, however, SG screwed up big time with the distribution.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

1)  SG hasn't gotten any one to the game.  They sold them tickets but let's see who shows up.

[highlight]OK... we didn't round people up and drag them onto buses.  But we created some interest.[/highlight]

2)  If the Oracle didn't run ads, then who was the person in charge for SG in advertising.

[highlight] Our Marketing Department submited the ad's in advance and the Oracle did not run them.[/highlight]

3)  If the word was out up to three weeks ago, why didn't anyone on here know about the system and why didn't anyone associated with athletics even know what you were up to.

[highlight]Maybe not everyone hangs out on this message board... and athletics GOT us the tickets.[/highlight]

4)  SG represents all students, not just student organizations.  Perhaps they need a refresher course in what government is suppose to be about and stop paying attention to how the politicians in Washington act.\

[highlight]You should see the difference between SG and Washington.  They wanted people to be aware of the orgs... give them more support.  If you arn't in an org... join one or two OR create one![/highlight]

5)  If tickets were to go on sale Monday and you put an ad in Monday's paper, most students aren't going to see the paper until it's already too late.  How about advertising in advance.  All of you rip on the athletic department for how we advertise I can't imagine the comments people like (I don't want to give names) would be making towards us right now.  Instead he's defending his kind.

[highlight]Ad's were supposed to be in advance.  Again, Oracle did not run them, I assume they didn't like SG much. [/highlight]

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

So now its the Oracles fault?? We have known about this game until since what 3 years ago...I just find it funny, that no one who isnt a part of "Something" didnt know anything about it til after the fact...

Doesn't seem funny to me. I only know what of the ticket debaucle I read on this board, but what I do know is that working on a college campus, if you want to reach the bulk of the non-transactional students, outreach to student organizations is the way to go. There's no harm in that. Being an involved student has many privileges through one's college career and beyond. Looks like this was one of them.