• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG PROVIDED A SERVICE and should be thanked

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

The hit that SG is taking on this is crazy. I think that the people in SG that made this ticket sale happen need to be thanked. Because of SG there will be at least 1250 extra Bulls in the stadium. The goal was to drum up interest for the game. I think the goal was accomplished. The AD sold under 2k tickets. SG sold almost as many as our Athletic department. Did everybody that wanted tickets get them at the discounted price? No. But there are still tickets available.

I think 03 may have misspoke when he stated that only student organizations would have the opertunity to buy tickets. The plan was to give 100 tickets away at the Mcnesse state tailgate. Those were going to go to the Student organization that had the largest turn out at the tailgate party, the rest of the tickets were to be sold to students. Did SG know that most of the tickets may have been bought by larger Student organizations yes. But to be honest with you guys there were some people who were not that sure we would sell out of tickets. SG did not want to buy tickets and have nobody use them.

If we changed the rules on day 2 of the sale we would have people upset that they couldn't buy tickets for their friends but the day before someone could buy 200+. I think SG did the right thing by sticking to the original policy. Students that wanted tickets could have gotten to the Marshal Center earlier than the student who bought 240 tickets they didnt.

SG DID A GREAT JOB GETTING STUDENTS TO THE GAME.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Yes SG did a great job to get students to the game.  We're giving constructive critism here.  Some mistakes were made, no one can say they didn't.  If they offer such a service again I'm sure they'll take a closer look at the issues that happened with the tickets this time.  It can only improve.  I thank SG--I got my tickets through them, but again, next time things will have to change to make it fair for all students.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

FEMA provided a service to the people of New Orleans, but they bunged it up. Now I am not saying that SG's efforts were disastrous, far from it, but hopefully you will overcome the hubris that is apparently rampant after your success in selling 1250 tickets and make the obvious and necessary changes to ensure that the issues with this ticket sale do not haunt you again in the future.

And regarding changing the rules.....It is one thing to buy tickets for 1,2,3,4,5, or 6 of your friends, but to compare that with an expectation of buying 270 for your friends is a bit absurd. Somewhere between a free-for-all and a 1 student/1 ticket policy would be appropriate. How about 8 or 10.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I have no problem with what SG did, and for that I give them credit.  I just wish they thought about stipulations before they released the tickets to the student population.  I sure do hope to see gestures like this in the future.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Please, comapring Sg to FEMA is a but rediculous. So long as the tickets are use I have NO problem with them selling 250 seats.

I haven't seen any tickets for sale on Ebay and/or any other site.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

SG DID A GREAT JOB GETTING STUDENTS TO THE GAME.

Amen, Brother!

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I agree, they pulled it off, and I comend them for it. I must admit I had my doubts at the beginning, and not everything was perfect, but they got 1250 student to go to the game. For that they should be congratulated.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

OK...SG needs to get over themselves, if you guys cant see how the tickets were handled was wrong, then I dont know what to say...A buzz for the game?? Cmon now, everyone knows about this game, were you turned away for tickets, no bc you are in a student orginization, sorry to all of those that cant afford a 30 dollar ticket or dont have over 20 friends that goes to this school, it sucks to be you...I am just so frustrated on how you guys did this soooooo well, there was a million ways you guys could have done this...And dont give me the crap that we couldnt change it on the second day, please, tell people to get off their butts and stand in line like the rest of us who didnt get tickets...Again though, great job on getting the tickets in the first place, cant disagree w that, but you guys can keep throwing all the same crap out there, bottom line is there should have been a cap...

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

How cool would it have been to have tickets on sale at our last home game for those students?  When we were walking out students were so pumped at playing in the next game at ucf... It also would have given the students that actually go to the games a chance to buy tickets... Just a thought!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Please, comapring Sg to FEMA is a but rediculous. So long as the tickets are use I have NO problem with them selling 250 seats.

I haven't seen any tickets for sale on Ebay and/or any other site.

Dude, I was joking. The point of the post was that providing a service in and of itself is not laudable. However, the results they obtained in getting 1250 students to the game is. Things could have gone smoother, but I am just happy that we will have 5,000 USF fans at the game now. It will be just like the MCCB, 35,000 fans getting out cheered by 5,000.