• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greek Idiot!

Guest R_to_the_izzo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's yet to be seen as to whether 1250 USF students are going to be going to the game.  Since you have no accountabliity as to which "students" are going to be attending, we could have many HCC, U Tampa, and others not even in college sitting with their friends.  Those are my A and S dollars paying for a program that is quite probably not benefitting my fellow students.  That's just not right.

And I am offended by your statement saying that no one was harmed, and for your sake hope that you don't speak on the behalf of the Student Government.  Waiting in line for two hours to not receive a ticket because because over 1/3 of the allotment was swallowed by one person is offensive, and if you can't see that you are derelict in your duty representing the USF student body.  

If the other 391 people he bought tickets for reallyhad wanted to attend this game they should have been standing in line with him.  But as it is, we have no idea who will be sitting in this theoretical "USF" section... becuase you and Student Government created a system with absolutely no accountability.  

Exactly there is no gurantee that students of USF will be in those seats.  Just because you have a U number doesnt mean the peoiple in the seats will match up with those u numbers.  THE SYSTEM WAS FLAWED AS FAR AS MAKING SURE THAT WE GET STUDENTS THERE THAT WANT TO BE THERE AND ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM.  If this dude had 300+ u numbers and those students really wanted to go THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN LINE JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS THAT WERE WAITING THERE.  Its not a matter of other people should have got their eariler. What if the one guy had 300 numbers and the next had u numbers for the remaining tickets, how in the world is a system that would allow a situation like that to happen fair?  SG needs to get off their collective knees as they blew this one BIG TIME.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

When I bought my tickets this afternoon i asked the ticket lady, "What do you do with all the U Numbers? Do you actually go over each one?" All she replied was "Actually, we don't do anything with them except turn them over to Student Government." Which basically means they won't do anything with them at all with the numbers.

Next time: One ID, One Ticket.. no exceptions.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I think a limit of 5 or so wouldnt be bad because there are some people that have classes that wouldnt be able to make it.  I think no limit is ridiculous, but hopefully someone ends up in the seats as people keep saying, even if the guy that bought 300+ makes some money on them

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

To allow the first person in line to buy all of the tickets if they so desire simply by showing a list of numbers that aren't even checked is stupid.  The guy who bought most of the tickets may have even used the same numbers both days.  

The sale was handled poorly and instead of creating student support for the Bulls probably goes the other way and pissed off more people than it made happy.  

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I think next time SG does something like this they need to consider that some people actually skipped work/class and others just waited for over an hour for tickets.  If these people went through all this trouble to attempt getting a ticket then I'm pretty sure most of the greeks could have done the same thing if given the option  The demand for those tickets was going to still be there, so there is no need to make it easier on one group while punishing those outside of it.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

Next time: One ID, One Ticket.. no exceptions.

Exactly, the only thing I would add is to say "One person, one ID, One ticket"

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Maybe a good middle ground (in the future) would be to cap ticket sales for a few hours and once the time is up groups could come in and buy as many of the remaining tickets that they want. Would allow everyone interested a shot at a ticket and still allow for "mop up duty" from the larger groups to insure all tickets sell.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2006/09/13/News/Ticket.Sales.Raise.Fairness.Questions-2269483.shtml?sourcedomain=www.usforacle.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

Ticket sales raise fairness questions

SG's sale of UCF tickets go fast as student groups buy in bulk.

Ryan Blackburn, Contribution from Suzanne Parks

Posted: 9/13/06

The 1,250 discounted football tickets sold by Student Government this week for Saturday's game at the University of Central Florida left some students who waited in line empty handed and questioning other students who bought dozens or, in some cases, even hundreds of tickets at a time.

"From what I've heard here, the first couple of people in line bought huge transactions," said Ticket Office Supervisor Bobby Loman. "I had a lot of people come up and say, 'How were they able to do this?' They should have limited it so every student could have had an advantage. If they had limited it to eight tickets per person, it would have been a little more fair."

Loman said the USF Ticket Office typically caps the amount of tickets allotted to each individual student in much the same way the St. Petersburg Times Forum limits the amount of tickets for its concerts and events, but SG allowed well over the single-digit mark for individual students.

Many of the students who purchased a large number of tickets were members of Greek organizations on campus who anticipated long lines and a limited number of available tickets.

One student, Interfraternity Council Treasurer Charlie Aguirre, said he paid close to $2,000 cash for about 400 tickets.

(See free link for full article)

http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2006/09/13/News/Ticket.Sales.Raise.Fairness.Questions-2269483.shtml?sourcedomain=www.usforacle.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

SG inetionally left off a cap.  We did not mess up... we did exactly what we planned to do.

Student Oraganizations were more than welcome to buy tickets for all members.  We did, at first, plan on limiting it to Student Org... which is NOT a violation of Florida Statue or SG Statue.  I order to be an A&S funded org... you must be open to any and all students.  Greeks would have been excluded at that point.  

The point of this project was to get students motivated to attend the game.  Contraversal or not... it got the job done... legally and ethicly.  No one was "harmed,"  and 1250 students are going to the UCF game for only $5.  ANY group of students or organization could have collected names and numbers and bought bulk.  If the Oracle had run the ad's that we paid for... everyone would have known that.  BUT, they did not run any of our ad's.  Nice.

Anyway... our latest statement:

As stated in Monday's announcement, the Executive Office of the President lobbied the senate budget committee and was approved for the purchase of 750 additional tickets for the UCF v. USF football game. These tickets, which went on sale at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, sold out within thirty minutes of availability.

In response to an influx of interest from various students, Student Government is currently working with the Department of Ticket Sales at UCF to provide students with discounted tickets at group rates.

As of 5:00 pm, Tuesday afternoon, Student Government is anticipating an answer regarding ticket discounts from UCF. Please refer to the Student Government website within the next 24 hours for further updates (http://www.sg.usf.edu)

If you have any questions or need immediate assistance, please email Whitney Griffin at wgriffin@sg.usf.edu.

Please do not inquire within the Student Government Office.  The office is a small workplace in which staff must be able to complete work.  Appointments and necessary meetings are always welcome.

what about the poor schnook(student) that wanted one ticket!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

what about the poor schnook(student) that wanted one ticket!

It seems like SG doesn't care about the individual student, as they said the ticket program was originally going to cater only to student groups.