• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A new "First Down" Chant/Tradition idea!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, don't give up on your idea.  The only bad thing I see is you basically have to have the HOT go along with it.  It sounds great, though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

Has anyone ever been to an FSU game? I never have, but from what I hear the "warchant" is just amazing to see. USF really needs something like that!

As a student, it's hard to get chants going in the student section let alone have them spread to the non-student sections. I think if we can find something easy to do (like the warchant) we can really have a huge home field advantage.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

That's the beauty of my idea (if I do say so myself). It incorporates THINGS WE ALREADY DO, but simplifies them down so that anyone can do it!

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903

Now, I am by no means trying to raise "soccer" to the level of college football.... but, what about chanting "Ole!"? Or maybe, instead of trying to get a "wave" going around the stadium, we can get a wave going from the front row of the student section to the last row of the student section... make it like a wave pool.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Hey!!  I love the 'I'm Lovin' It!'...we're trying to shout "First Down" when it's on the TV, but again, I think there's too much going on since the band is playing and some people and doing the "Go Bulls" sign, and some chanting USF, then some are singing the fight song...blah blah.  I think e can get the students to chant "First Down", that seems like the easiest thing we can do to organize students right now.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

You know... the band already plays a "first down cheer", right after our wonderful sponsors "I'm Lovin it" bit..... and the students section already screams the vocals to the first down cheer.  NOW, to change the order of the downs cheers is unlikely... since we use "The Bull" as a rally cry... when we really need it (example, 3rd down and times like the FIU games 4th quarter).  

Again.... "The Bull" as a rally cry!  

Only used

1) before the game

2) 3rd downs

3) come from behind drives, or close games

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I'm loving it is lame, but I hope it's worth significant money.  The only bad part of the #8 or whatever it is is the time it takes if we were doing a hurry up offense.  Seems good to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I like the idea -- let's go with it.