• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Plancher out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Keeley Dorsey:  Height:  5-11   Weight:  210  Runs a 4.4 40-yard dash...Played quarterback for Lincoln High...All-Big Bend...Led Lincoln to city and district titles in 2004, when he had a 10-carry, 100-yard effort against Valdost (Ga.) High, including an 80-yard touchdown run...Played for Crestview High and Bridgewater (N.J.) prior to attending Lincoln.

www.gousfbulls.com

should have been more clear, link for Plancher being confirmed out.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

What about Denson at running back.  It is such a waste of a great athletet using him at corner.  He has decent size and should know the offense.  

Last time I checked, corner was one of the most athletically intensive positions in the game.  I could understand the logic, however, given our obscene starting corners and a couple good players behind them.  However, I'd rather see PJ pounding the rock than Denson.  PJ is almost fullback size, and I'd like to see him on the field as a non-QB for his senior year.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Keeley Dorsey:  Height:  5-11   Weight:  210  Runs a 4.4 40-yard dash...Played quarterback for Lincoln High...All-Big Bend...Led Lincoln to city and district titles in 2004, when he had a 10-carry, 100-yard effort against Valdost (Ga.) High, including an 80-yard touchdown run...Played for Crestview High and Bridgewater (N.J.) prior to attending Lincoln.

www.gousfbulls.com

If those stats are accurate and not hyped up. then that boy has size and speed.

We all ought to know by now that measurables are ALWAYS hyped up.

And borderline worthless in college.  Maurice Clarett had a piss poor 40 time but looked VERY good for OSU.  I'd rather put someone in there that makes the best reads.  Technique first, and if and only if that's even, THEN you put the talent in.  2 reasons that is good: 1.  You dont have blown plays that turn a game as often and 2.  It forces those with talent to learn technique to make the field, thus making them DOMINATING players when they manage.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Bulls TE Arrested; RB Out For Season

Published: Sep 6, 2006

TAMPA - Tuesday was not the best of days for the University of South Florida.

Early Tuesday morning, starting TE Will Bleakley was arrested and charged with driving under the influence. Later in the day, the Bulls learned starting RB Moise Plancher will miss the season with a torn ACL in his right knee.

"He's going to be out. Mo was our No. 1 guy," USF coach Jim Leavitt said.

Leavitt said he doesn't know who will start at running back Saturday against Florida International. In addition to Plancher, USF used four other running backs in Saturday's win against McNeese State. Leavitt said he wanted to redshirt junior Shawn Cannon and freshman Aston Samuels, but they may have to play this season.

Plancher gained 26 yards on four carries against McNeese State before the injury. During fall drills, he emerged as USF's starter after the suspension of Ricky Ponton, who was slated to replace Andre Hall.

Bleakley was stopped by Tampa police at 3:30 a.m. on Bruce B. Downs Boulevard, near the USF campus, and refused to take a blood-alcohol test. He was released at 2:17 p.m. after posting $500 bail.

Bleakley, who made his first career start against McNeese State, didn't practice Tuesday but is still eligible to play against FIU based on the school's alcohol and substance abuse policy.

"We've got some issues that I have with him," Leavitt said. "So I'm not going to tell you whether he is [playing Saturday] or not, but I assure you he won't start. And I can assure you I'm very disappointed. And I'm hot. I'm not a happy guy. He's got a lot of work to do to get in my good graces."

Bleakley refused comment Tuesday afternoon.

ODDS AND ENDS: Robinson freshman Delbert Alvarado will start at punter against FIU, replacing Tampa Bay Tech product Ilia Petrov. … Freshman Josh Smiley (foot), who is out for Saturday's game, is a possible redshirt candidate. … Leavitt is "optimistic" OTs Marc Dile (left knee) and Thed Watson (left ankle) will be ready to play. Both will practice today, Leavitt said.

Gregg Becnel, Brett McMurphy

This is bad ... a kid RS's and then injury in the first game  :'( Hopefully can can end up with a 6th year ... but that's far doiwn the road. Wish him the best and hope recovery comes quickly for him.

The talk of moving PJ away from QB is rediculas (sp?  ;) )

I have said before about Denson at RB ... we're deep at Corners.

Never heard anything about Samuels during the summer practice ... do hope Ponton is only suspended for the 2 games. But was happy to see Smith on Saturday - he looked good.

Go BULLS !!!

USF back may be out rest of season

By Times Staff

Published September 6, 2006

TAMPA - Redshirt freshman Moise Plancher, USF's starting running back, could miss the rest of the season after injuring his right knee in the Bulls' season-opening win against McNeese State.

"He's going to be out a while," said coach Jim Leavitt, who said Plancher's injury is worse than the indications of only a hyperextension. Asked if Plancher could miss the season, Leavitt said, "maybe."

Plancher was wearing a brace on his left knee and walking gingerly at practice Tuesday. Sophomore Ricky Ponton, the top returning rusher from last season, was suspended from Saturday's game for an unspecified violation of team rules and is expected to sit out this week's game with Florida International. Ponton wore a different-numbered jersey Tuesday as part of USF's scout team.

That leaves the Bulls with four walk-ons and two true freshmen, though they had promising results from two backs Saturday. Senior Walt Smith, who earned a scholarship two weeks ago, rushed for a team-high 70 yards and two touchdowns, and freshman Keeley Dorsey rushed for a 52-yard touchdown on the game's final play.

PLAYER ARRESTED: USF tight end Will Bleakley was arrested in Tampa early Tuesday on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence, just two days after he made his first collegiate start.

Bleakley, 22, refused to submit to a blood-alcohol test after he was stopped by Tampa police officers at 3:30 a.m. at Bruce B. Downs and Amberly Drive, about 2 miles from USF's campus. He was released from jail Tuesday afternoon on $500 bond.

Bleakley did not practice and Leavitt said he'll have a new starting tight end Saturday.

SMILEY OUT: Defensive end Josh Smiley, one of five true freshmen to play Saturday, could be headed for a medical redshirt after reaggravating a foot injury that sidelined him for two weeks in August.

"He's not going to play this week, and if he doesn't play this week and we can't get everything better, we'll keep him out," Leavitt said.

- GREG AUMAN, Times staff writer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Later in the day, the Bulls learned starting RB Moise Plancher will miss the season with a torn ACL in his right knee.
"He's going to be out a while," said coach Jim Leavitt, who said Plancher's injury is worse than the indications of only a hyperextension. Asked if Plancher could miss the season, Leavitt said, "maybe."

:-/

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Later in the day, the Bulls learned starting RB Moise Plancher will miss the season with a torn ACL in his right knee.

:-/

Why is it so hard for our program to release actual injury status there is no maybe if its a torn ACL.  They need to stop with the double talk already.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

as smazza said shortly after it happened

these tiny running backs always have durabilty issues as smazza aslo pointed out

dont we have 8 rbs?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

www.gousfbulls.com

why wasnt this guy in mix