• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Ticket Numbers as of earlier today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  253
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Bloom Town about the class of people UCF brought to Tampa. The lots were trashed. My brothers family with 3 grade school boys was appauled by the obnoxious behavior. It's no fun when you have to watch your back because people are too drunk to be civil. We are still debating about going but the boys will have to stay home.

This is a bigger factor than some may realize. There are a ton of families among the season ticket holders and incidents like mentioned above were not that rare. I'm going but leaving the family behind and know others doing the same ....... The aholes were acting that way on an 0-16 run. Imagine this year when they're the reigning Southern/Eastern/Whatever Division CUSA Champs... it's going to be ugly.

I agree 100%.  Last year, I took my 12 year old son to the game.  After the excessive profanity and drunk fans, I'll be taking my brother with me to Orlando.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

I don't think we will have more than 2,000...let's just say that is from a good source.  No further comment.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

I don't think we will have more than 2,000...let's just say that is from a good source.  No further comment.

I doubt any 'source' will know the full count.  They may know the official USF count, but in terms of attending this game there are very few barriers to seeing it.  There is no need to plan flights, etc.

This is the type of game where the decision can be made a day or two before the game.  I imagine the media attention we see next week could really jack the numbers up sufficiently.  Even 1800 in sales this week could easily translate to 3800 next week.

USF likely has to return the tix so it will be all Ticketmaster or secondhand market.  I think 3500 is probably a reasonable number for how many USF folks attend the game.  USF doesn't travel especially well to anything, but with the proximity of the game and history of attendance I imagine 3500 is about spot on.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I agree with Bloom Town about the class of people UCF brought to Tampa. The lots were trashed. My brothers family with 3 grade school boys was appauled by the obnoxious behavior. It's no fun when you have to watch your back because people are too drunk to be civil. We are still debating about going but the boys will have to stay home.

The lots were trashed. But I think it was more from the number of people in attendance.

We actually had a much much worse expirience at Miami as a friend of mine got a beer thrown on him by a Cane fan on the concorse (if you can call it that) for yelling Go Bulls. He was one fan out of the many Cane fans there, most of them were nice.

Every school has it's bad fans (even USF), but most are not like that.

It's a bad excuse and shouldn't prevent people from coming to Orlando. The more we bring the better a "neutral" environment we can create.

I would disagree about the numbers theory. We had several ripped of their ass UCF fans trying to walk through our tailgate and cussing up a storm. They throw their trash in our area.I agree we have our share of A-holes, but the moajority of UCF fans were classless. Its cool to run smack and talk ****. But you can do it in a better way. These are just my observations from Lot 5 last year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

The 2K number may not be off the mark. Do you really think that the decision to go and purchase tickets will be significantly impacted by post-FIU advertising? I can't imagine thousands of USF fans rolling out of bed on Saturday and saying "Hey...you know, there's a game in Orlando. Let's drive over and see if we can get tickets".  It will be interesting to see what sort of non-board-related advertising the game gets after the FIU game.

Seems to me this - for the most part -represents the committed fan base for an away game. As Eric pointed out, the university is now on it's third bus for the package, so what is that? About 60-odd per bus...having filled 120 seats, looking for +/- 180? For all the hype on this board, I would have thought they had 8 or 10 buses at this point.

But...you never know...if 1.8K turned into 3.8K, that would be just great. I guess it's just a case of wait and see... :-*

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Why would you pay to go on a bus when you can drive there. I stil say at the end there will be 5000 or so fans. Its close enough and easy that yes you can wake up and decide to go at the last minute

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

The 2K number may not be off the mark. Do you really think that the decision to go and purchase tickets will be significantly impacted by post-FIU advertising? I can't imagine thousands of USF fans rolling out of bed on Saturday and saying "Hey...you know, there's a game in Orlando. Let's drive over and see if we can get tickets".  It will be interesting to see what sort of non-board-related advertising the game gets after the FIU game.

Seems to me this - for the most part -represents the committed fan base for an away game. As Eric pointed out, the university is now on it's third bus for the package, so what is that? About 60-odd per bus...having filled 120 seats, looking for +/- 180? For all the hype on this board, I would have thought they had 8 or 10 buses at this point.

But...you never know...if 1.8K turned into 3.8K, that would be just great. I guess it's just a case of wait and see... :-*

It will have nothing to do with advertising.  It will have to do with the ink this gets in both daily papers.  "Rivalry" will be a word that pops up early and often that week.  Does that inspire USF fans to show up?  Who knows.  More accurately probably turn on the TV.  Turns out that takes a lot less effort.

O'Leary will likely say something to start the bidding.  Bianchi will follow suit shortly after and I can't see the local Tampa papers ignoring this game.  Even they know this is USF's most meaningful early season game and can create their own hype/storyline.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Cubanbull you pay for the bus when you care about your car... UM was a hell hole and unless you are a ucf donor there is not much a chance to park in a safe area... Plus with the trip and tailgate you are guaranteed to be around 150-300 bull fans, not walking aimlessly around ucfers looking for a scattered collection of usf fans.. Don't get me wrong any other place UNC, BAMA, and AUburn next year I love to walk amongst their fans... It is just ucfers really do not like usf people, they are very envious and are not afraid to show it and / or trash it... If I was to go with the boys I would take my chances, but with my spouse the bus trip is worth it....  Drunk ucfers driving around that stadium is not a good mix..

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I am sure that the students have not made their plans yet.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Me thinks 2500 non stu fans and half an endzone of stu's.  Gonna say 'bout 4500 total will show.  I'm taking the fam - total of 4.  BTW Cubanbull, I'm with T-man on the bus trip.  Took a hard look at it.  If you don't know Orlando then the bus is the gig for this road trip when coming from Tampa.