• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Ticket Numbers as of earlier today...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

very good turn out for the students too bad alot of season ticket holders did not go

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Here's the problem(s):

#1- like it or not ucf has played football longer and they are well aware of how to travel and purchase tix the proper way..THROUGH THE TIX OFFICE!

#2- The game last year was in the hearts and minds of ucfers for 10 years, and in the average usf fan for at most a year.

#3- When we get over to the Citrus bowl there will be plenty of USF fans: ticketmaster, scalping, friends from ucf, and the fact that many usf alumni live and work in Orlando we will be well represented. (ucf 35,000 and USF 12-15,000)

MY FINAL WORD!  I bought 20 tickets to this game on my credit card.. My group of 14 that travel to home games increased by 6 to go to this game... Did I hype 6  more people to travel to this game?  Hell yes I did because it will be a good time win or lose!  I will see the same old crew at the away games that I see at the other road games (Mutt,Bubbles, Art and Apple,Wooly and Cindy, MikeG, BullDoug, Jim, Gene, Zonald, JewBull, Bullwark people and the rest to name a few.) Everytime I go to away games (2-3 a year) I see the same people and you know what I have a blast with them and we all share the same passion.. Our Bulls!!  Each time I go away I can't wait until the next time!  If more fans don't care to travel then who gives a rat's a@#!   I know the aforementioned people and I will have a great time and if we are judged poorly for travelling we won't be to blame for anything!   The people (The same people who do not travel 1 hour) who are to blame for low numbers are the same ones in december who will ***** because the nation's media are saying we do not travel well!   When I go to sleep at night I do not worry about my efforts for the good old USF because I know I do what I can to support the bulls!   That's all I have to say about that!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

And let us not forget...I'm just saying this to be honest...there's a lot of season ticket holders who, and I'm thankful they purchase the tickets, look at the RayJ games as an alternative to sitting in front of the TV on Saturday night. They're not there for early games, they're not there for off-cycle games and they spend the bulk of the game yammering with one another and making very little noise relative to play on the field. They are bodies in a seat. I would imagine most of those have not gone to an away game, and won't make the drive down to Orlando. If it ain't RayJ on a Saturday night...take 'em off the agenda.

T-Man is right. When you go to away games, you see the same faces over and over. You eventually recognize one another!!!!! And one last thing. If we do get 1,500 to show up...bear in mind that constitutes 10% of our season ticket base (plus or minus). Now...if we were selling 40K season tix per year... 8-)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

And let me say this ... I am pretty sure that visitor section is 106 & 107 ... why are there being tickets sold in 207 ?

I just hope we show strong numbers in the stands.

Our players deserve your support, not your turned up nose to UCF.

STAMPEDE !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

flo077a.gif

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

the $5 tickets, that was being told they had on here

The thing is...this bulletin board is not the official etched-in-stone communicaitons method for USF. It could well be that something like that was in the works, and the other very real possibility is that it was a rumor that took root.

I'd look for something from the university (officially) or a post from Eric Soncrant before I focused on $5.00 tix. I think there's also some SBC folks who hit this board as well.

The SG deal was mostly set up through Student Organizations and was started at the McNeese St WBUL Student Radio Tailgate.  Check the other other thead for more info, I'll get as much as I can tonight.

AND remember... we are targeting students.... and lets admit it... most of the active people on this forum are alumni, which we can't subsidize tickets for (state law for use of Activity and Service Fees).  That might be why we haven't updated everyone here!  

Besides... I'm a lobbyist... sorry.  I know very little about the athletic's deals.  We have another guy doing that stuff.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

That's what we wanted to hear.

Most of us (OG's) are alumni, but there are some students on here. I think a lot of folks read things on this board and consider such postings, taken at face value, to be legit. While there is

some entertaining information around here, if you're looking for official policy or positions...you

need to get it from the USF website or from an actual USF representative. Not some board rat... ;)

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

That's what we wanted to hear.

Most of us (OG's) are alumni, but there are some students on here. I think a lot of folks read things on this board and consider such postings, taken at face value, to be legit. While there is

some entertaining information around here, if you're looking for official policy or positions...you

need to get it from the USF website or from an actual USF representative. Not some board rat... ;)

yup... again... I'll have the offical stuff tonight

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  178

I went to the dome to purchase my tickets (4) today and was told that the upper level 206 & 207 was what was available. I can only assume the lower level is sold out. (Hopefully)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

here's a thought-- before we go bashing the USF fan base, how about we get an OFFICIAL response about how many tickets have been sold through USF.

And then let's not go crazy and start pointing fingers and being embarassed. You guys get so worked up over appearances.

Before anyone reminds how important those appearances are-- can I remind you that you are preaching to the choir? That most of the folks on this board in the first place are the diehards?

The folks who have no idea this site exists are the ones who need to "ramp it up" to borrow a phrase. Our problems are not within this community. If anything-- we are the anchors of the fanbase.