• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe ruled... BUT....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Flip, they were down 4 it doesn't matter what led to that happening. We played bad and  gift TD or not it's 7 points regardless. We cannot play like that against any other team on our schedule or we'll lose.

I'm not saying there were not positives, but I think some people need to slow down and be patient. I know most on here are going to turn it into a Rod Smith thing if Grothe doesn't perform well next week. I think expectations are just a tad to high for my liking now. It's the week before Miami and UConn all over again on this board.

I'm not saying Grothe was aweful, I am just as excited to see him play next week as most on here are. However, I also know what he was playing against and I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the NUMEROUS mistakes this team made it the 1st three quarters.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We should have been up 28-3 going into 4th, not 14-10.  Their TD was a gimme, and we had 2 long drives that we would have scored if not for stupid turnovers.  If we had played right the first 3 quarters, final score would have been 55-3.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You're right an GT should have beat Notre Dame...stupid personal fouls...why do refs call them.  ::) And if UAB hadn't dropped a WIDE OPEN pass with 3 minutes left to go they would have tied Oklahoma.

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda. Point is we WERE only up 4 going into the 4th quarter gimmies and penalties aside, they're part of the game of football. And they are a major factor in separating the good teams from the bad teams.

I can understand if it was gross misconduct by the refs, but in all actuality is was just bad and sloppy play by some of the guys on our team. Those plays against most of the teams on our schedule would be much more costly than they were against McNeese State.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

And let's not forget that we are going to be returning three players who are currently on suspension.  That should help.  So should the fact that we are a two threat team to our opponents now.  Defense will not solely consist of playing against a run that was sure to come.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Flip, they were down 4 it doesn't matter what led to that happening. We played bad and  gift TD or not it's 7 points regardless. We cannot play like that against any other team on our schedule or we'll lose.

I'm not saying there were not positives, but I think some people need to slow down and be patient. I know most on here are going to turn it into a Rod Smith thing if Grothe doesn't perform well next week. I think expectations are just a tad to high for my liking now. It's the week before Miami and UConn all over again on this board.

I'm not saying Grothe was aweful, I am just as excited to see him play next week as most on here are. However, I also know what he was playing against and I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the NUMEROUS mistakes this team made it the 1st three quarters.

That's exactly the type of game to get those mistakes corrected as we get into the meat of our schedule later in the season. The good thing is that most of the mistakes we made are correctable. Practice should be pretty interesting this week.

There is nothing wrong with expectations. We should have expectations. I do expect us to play much much better and with a bit more focus in the next game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

PJ showed his real character, thigh bruise?  I saw him walking around, not much limp at all.  Most players would play through it.

PJ has his faults but I don't think character is one of them. He immediately came out because he knew he couldn't be effective ..... I am impressed with your medical evaluation skills from 200 feet away, though.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

grothe is a star in the making

get behind him fellas

he is everything pj isnt

grotheee is a playmaker

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Grothe actually looks like he knows what is going on out there.

He makes quick and positive decisions

He runs with conviction not tentative like PJ

He is a Freshman, so he will make mistakes (so does Chris Leak at Fl, a Sr.)

as long as he learns from them.

His long passes don't bring out rain like PJ's

I think we have found the QB for now.  I'm still a little concerned about his height (6'0" in college terms, probably 5'10" real life, my guess)

At least we looked much better with him in.

PJ showed his real character, thigh bruise?  I saw him walking around, not much limp at all.  Most players would play through it.  Ask Marshall fans about a QB playing through it.

Hopefully PJ will find a place as WR or X-Back.

grothee looked like a real qb

but he didnt look like steve young to me

he gave offense energy

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Grothe actually looks like he knows what is going on out there.

He makes quick and positive decisions

He runs with conviction not tentative like PJ

He is a Freshman, so he will make mistakes (so does Chris Leak at Fl, a Sr.)

as long as he learns from them.

His long passes don't bring out rain like PJ's

I think we have found the QB for now.  I'm still a little concerned about his height (6'0" in college terms, probably 5'10" real life, my guess)

At least we looked much better with him in.

PJ showed his real character, thigh bruise?  I saw him walking around, not much limp at all.  Most players would play through it.  Ask Marshall fans about a QB playing through it.

Hopefully PJ will find a place as WR or X-Back.

grothee looked like a real qb

but he didnt look like steve young to me

he gave offense energy

slightly bigger doug flutie, all day long....