• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I'm back after this showing and I can tell you I'm very optimistic about our season.  The defense looks fast and physical.  Hopefully, we can work on our tackling.  how'd you guys like Bryan Smith (#93).  He's just a sophomore.  

Hell of a game until the numbers and fatigue caught up with us.  The final score doesn't tell the story.  14-10 going into the 3rd quarter.  I'm sure none of you seen that coming, but there will be some that will come on here and give no credit to anyone and look at the final score and say "take your whoopin' and stop your crying".  there were 4 calls that should've been made or was not made.  I'm not saying it would've had a difference in the ball game, but how the hell can you not call that fumble at the 1 down?  My 97 year old grandmother could've made that call and they even had replay to check it out.

All in all, like i said, I'm optimistic about our club this year.  Ready to move on.

(Anxiously waiting on the guys talking trash.  I do remember someone saying that it would be over by the 2nd quarter)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

Congrats USF.  Nice start to the season.

I believe our players delivered on our promise to show up, with chin straps buckled and play the game.  We're thin at defensive tackle and we have some special teams work to do, obviously, but I'm pretty satisfied that we've made huge strides since last season.  

We're not what we would consider a good team, yet, but I think we're all satisfied that we're not the same uncharacteristically snake-bit team we were over the last two years...

I wonder.....Do you think we have anybody who could start for you now?  ;)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

doc was right we had to work for this one.

you guy's were great fans!

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Ranked 11th in IAA is inaccurate.... you guys are better than that

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

yea with that qb and that d-lineman  you guys will cause a lot of problems for the rest of the teams you are going to play

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You guys played a great game. 93 and your QB are gamers. I'd take em both.

You will see our fans getting down on this game. Our offensive line and defensive line didnt play very well. Yes, your team's line outplayed us but we should be better than that if we expect to do well in the Big East.

Great game cowboys.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Good Luck the rest of the season ... and we'll take some luck also.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I thought McNeese played very well. I can appreciate being in that situation as we were playing these types of games on our way up to 1-A.

I'm sure you had more than a few of very concerned-- shades of the Nicholls State game several years ago. I kind of had that feeling going into this one-- especially with how young we are across the board. Thankfully we got things moving along- and we may have finally found a guy who can QB our offense effectively. I will say that PJ didn't play all that terribly and when he got banged up-- he got pulled.

Very nice game and good luck this season to the Pokes and their nice fans.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Great game cowboys.  We can't talk a whole lot of trash, the final score doesn't tell the whole story.  Evenually our depth wor you down, but you guys do have some players.  Best of luck the rest of the year.  We'll keep an eye out to see if you guys make the 1AA playoffs.  Oh, and the refs did blow that call down on the 1 yard line that we scored our first TD on.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

and I'll say this much-- thankfully we weren't playing a Penn State today. W needed this "tune up"-- so to speak-- game. I am loving our schedule as it notches up a little bit each week.