• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are munchkins???   Whats up Doc?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

1. McNeese State  While McNeese State finished the 2005 season with a 5-4 record, the Cowboys' returning roster and easier-than-usual schedule make them a solid pick to win the SLC title. McNeese has two Division I-A opponents on its schedule, but South Florida and Toledo are munchkins compared to the I-A opposition other SLC teams have scheduled. Not only will the Cowboys  the highest-ranked SLC team at No. 12 in the Sports Network Preseason Top 25  have a shot at scoring upsets against these I-A foes, it's highly unlikely these opponents will run up an embarrassing score the way Texas will against Sam Houston State and Texas Tech against Southeastern Louisiana. Schedule aside, the Cowboys have 53 returning lettermen, with the majority being experienced skill position players. That's huge when you consider the toll injuries can take on a team

Fifty-three returning Letterman....    :o

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/local_story_203141054.html

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

they are basically saying that we are nothing compared to texas tech....haha.

we will see.  i'm sure leavitt will show this to the guys.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Not only will the Cowboys  the highest-ranked SLC team at No. 12 in the Sports Network Preseason Top 25  have a shot at scoring upsets against these I-A foes, it's highly unlikely these opponents will run up an embarrassing score the way Texas will against Sam Houston State and Texas Tech against Southeastern Louisiana.

If that isn't bulletin board material......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

We've got lots of guys that are battling for postions and hoping to solidify themselve for when suspened players return.

I am hoping for a balanced attack offensively and want a Shut-Out !

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20

they are basically saying that we are nothing compared to texas tech....haha.

No disrepect meant toawards you guys, and I'm not coming over here to claim a victory, because it won't happen.....but there's NO WAY that you guys are going to beats us as bad as Texas and Texas tech are going to beat SHSU and SELA.  it won't happen.

Personally, I hope our defense is better this year and I think I'm right about that.  The last couple of years the defense was full of nothing but sophomores and freshmen and they have somewhat "grown up".  Only time will tell if they have improved.

Hope you guys have a good game and all, but it won't be what some of the predictions that I've seen so far on this board.

Other comments: By the way, you're welcome for Amp Hill.  The guy is a special talent.  He was lighting up Tiger Stadium as a freshman but that knee screwed him up.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

Bulls Fans, please take note that the article did not originate from Lake Charles or from any McNeese fan. The article comes from San Marcos (home of our SLC foe Texas State), Texas. I don't think it is so much a put down of you as it is McNeese. And it's just chest thumping on their part. :o

Guest wildrover

Leavitt doesn't run up the score on anybody, even if we could beat you guys the same way those other schools are said to be fixin to beat their D1AA schools (not saying we could but if...) Leavitt wouldn't do it.  Its just not his way.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

I would be inclined to agree that this isn't going to be some whoppin' landslide score fest. I think that the upper tier of IAA is pretty close to IA, talent wise. McNeese State is not Charleston Southern and - remember, sportsfans - all it takes is a wee bit of dumbness and all of a sudden you're in a hole.

And the writer is correct. There's a big difference 'tween our horns and the ones from Austin.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

1. McNeese State  While McNeese State finished the 2005 season with a 5-4 record, the Cowboys' returning roster and easier-than-usual schedule make them a solid pick to win the SLC title. McNeese has two Division I-A opponents on its schedule, but South Florida and Toledo are munchkins compared to the I-A opposition other SLC teams have scheduled. Not only will the Cowboys  the highest-ranked SLC team at No. 12 in the Sports Network Preseason Top 25  have a shot at scoring upsets against these I-A foes, it's highly unlikely these opponents will run up an embarrassing score the way Texas will against Sam Houston State and Texas Tech against Southeastern Louisiana. Schedule aside, the Cowboys have 53 returning lettermen, with the majority being experienced skill position players. That's huge when you consider the toll injuries can take on a team

Fifty-three returning Letterman....    :o

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/local_story_203141054.html

Hey, Lakebull,

That is the Texas St. people talking.   They had one good season in the last 20 years (or whatever it is since they moved up to Division I) and it has gone to their heads and most of them live in LaLa land right now.

South Florida is going to destroy us!!   Have mercy on our poor slow little I-AA players!!    ;)

Doc

P.S.  We have played at Miami (2000), at Texas A&M(2001), at Nebraska (2002) and at Kansas St. (2003).    So were are not exactly mentally intimdated by going to S. Florida.   But you guys are still going to destroy us.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

either way...no matter who is writing this.  we would beat texas tech.

of course we arent near texas but maybe this article is saying more about mcneese st then it is that the bulls are no good.

i dont know much about the team texas tech is gonna play so i cant really say.

all i know is that mcneese st doesnt score more then 13 points against us.