• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

That Chicken Little Feeling...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Really disappointed in those three, they let the team down, they let the fans down.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sprtsfn627

It is a time like this when leaders step up and take control...the question is, which members of this 2006 squad are gonna step up and lead the Bulls back to another Bowl game?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

There will be no "gimmies" this year.

this is very true

but there is also no "sure" losses this year either

so execution and consistant play will determine how far we go.

the players have their destiny in their hands, the schedule could not be better to make a run.

this young team and all the "other" extra stuff makes me very skittish

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

it might hurt a little bit but honestly, i think there is still enough talent left on this team that people will step into place.  sure, we arent to the point yet like FSU who can lose a Fred Rouse and not miss a beat, but i think that with the guys we lost there will be sufficent replacements.  my biggest concern is how the hell did we "recruit" so many non-qualifiers.  its clear they only committed to usf because we were probably the best option left that would take them.  either we do THE WORST job in background checks on incomming guys or just don't care.  i can see something like a kid getting caught smoking weed and kicked off the team, but not qualifying is a very easy thing to figure out way before someone signs LOI.  like i said, i guess we had to take some talented guys who were question marks with the grades that no one else wanted to take the risk on.  it just looks bad for our program when so many guys don't qualify out of high school.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Drug Suspensions:  Josh Julmiste, Ponton, and Chambers

Possible Academic Loses:  Buie, Hill, Thed Watson, and Robinson

Left the Team:  Carlton Hill, J. Peyton to name a few.

None Qualifiers:  (9) recruits - Stirrups, J. Jackson...those names I can think of.

I'm concerned for this teams chemistry, depth & experience level.  Am I justified in being a bit skittish?

GOOD REASON FOR CONCERN

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yep, definitely concerned about the swing games (UCF, Kansas, UNC, UConn).

ORIGINAL JOE  B- WELCOME TO MY WORLD I WAS ALWAYS CONCERNED ABOUT THESE GAMES

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

The suspensions hurt, hopefully they learn their lessons.  The Julmiste loss hurts the worst on defensive line with questionable depth.  

My biggest concerns for the season are:

How will the defense fare without Kravitz?

Can Rod Smith get his game in gear in year two as O-coordinator?

I think the positives are on the schedule.  I had worse feelings about our first year in C-USA (`03) being a loaded schedule, vs this year's (especially the first 4-5 games).  If we avoid the injury bug, we have a pretty good opportunity to get the team to jell.  It's not like we're scheduled to start at Alabama, or Penn State, or hosting Pitt.  ;)    

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe I'm optimistic, but I'm not worried yet.  We have capable people replacing Ponton, Chambers, etc.  CHill may have never panned out, and it was probably good we got rid of Peyton.  He didn't impress me last year anyway.  Some of the other players lost may have more than capable fill ins - let's see how they play first before worrying.  LET THEM PLAY FIRST.  Where this may hurt us is in depth if people start going down.  But hopefully the injury bug will stay away.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I am a bit concerned.

J. Julmiste is what really bothers me.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Drug Suspensions:  Josh Julmiste, Ponton, and Chambers

Possible Academic Loses:  Buie, Hill, Thed Watson, and Robinson

Left the Team:  Carlton Hill, J. Peyton to name a few.

None Qualifiers:  (9) recruits - Stirrups, J. Jackson...those names I can think of.

I'm concerned for this teams chemistry, depth & experience level.  Am I justified in being a bit skittish?

where did you read about buie and hill as academic losses?