• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is USF football getting the Bucs' fans?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

What list?  My neighbor called up last week and got 2 season tickets.  Never was on a list.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Many Pro Football fans are not college football fans ... as stated above, they just wanna be at "THE" event ... soon USF Football will be THAT event.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Bandwagon fans root for UF and FSU

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Thats about as wrong as you can be. There are always bandwagoners, but 98% of those schools fans are die hard. I used to be a Nole until I chose USF, I know this.

USF is the school where when your walking through wal-mart you hear people running up to you going, "I heard USF just beat a top #10 School! Is that true?!?! I need to go get some USF stuff now!"

The tradition will change as the winning continues to happen.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

What list?  My neighbor called up last week and got 2 season tickets.  Never was on a list.

"List" being a marketing slant. At one point in history there were no tix available (due to season ticket holders),  but I think that is no longer the case. There may have been, at one time, a lack of season tickets (e.g. four together, eight together, etc.).

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

The Bucs' waiting list is a sham. I got on it 4 years ago when it was over "50,000" names or something like that and my number came up this year.

Agreed.  I put my name on this list this year for club seats.  I currently have 2 club seats, but get them through someone else’s account.  I figured I had better get on the list since the arrangement I have now may not last forever.  I was called by the Buccaneers two months after putting my name on the list and was offered east club seats.  Was told they do not usually offer west club seats to “new “ accounts as they allow existing east club seat holders to move over to the west side when a spot opens up.  

Buccaneers season ticket waiting list over 100,000 my a$$.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

"List" being a marketing slant. At one point in history there were no tix available (due to season ticket holders),  but I think that is no longer the case. There may have been, at one time, a lack of season tickets (e.g. four together, eight together, etc.).

The Bucs website still claims a waiting list of 100,000

http://www.buccaneers.com/tickets/waitinglist.aspx?type=club

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I can't agree with that UF and FSU have sold every game out since 1979 and 1982 (I think that's the numbers we got when we did the prodject) respectively. I know both had been sold out for over 20 years.

I think that if the Bulls became a top 25 team we'd have the Miami type games where fans would should for the biggest games and then we'd have modest crowds for the I-AA games. It will change over time though as more students are graduating with a football team in tact now.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The bulk of Bucs fans ahave always been fairweather, and don't pay attention to the team when it isn't winning.  Therefore, in ordedr to grab the attention of those fans, we need to do the same thing.  Winning routinely will solve all of our problems.  Period.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Exactly.  The Bucs were horrible and couldn't give tickets away.  They sarted to win some games and eventually a Superbowl now every hillbilly down there has been a lifelong Bucs fan.

I think you'll find that most of the bandwagoning Bucs fans are Northerners who dumped their old team and latched on to the Bucs when they started getting successful ........ The hillbilly fan base has pretty much stayed with them from the beginning.  costumed-smiley-024.gif