• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Caption Contest II

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

You know, some people take death threats seriously...maybe they're not the best idea.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

"they say if you cant score a single point in a bowl game, you dont deserve to be there.. well..."

I suppose you would be happy then had we gone for the 3 to prevent the FIRST SHUTOUT EVER in the history of the program, instead of trying to punch it in the end zone and make it a game?    ::)

I wanted to make it a game and try to tie it also for a WIN in OT.

Some people do NOT understand support of a team.

"they say if you cant score a single point in a bowl game, you dont deserve to be there.. well..."

I suppose you would be happy then had we gone for the 3 to prevent the FIRST SHUTOUT EVER in the history of the program, instead of trying to punch it in the end zone and make it a game?    ::)

I was okay with going for the touchdown with 4 mins left... but down by two touchdowns... 4th down at the NC State 15 yard line... less than 20 seconds left in the game. Yeah, I wanted him to kick the field goal and avoid the shut out.

There was NO WAY to "make a game" of it that late in the game.  USF turned it over on downs with 9 seconds left.  Let's suppose Julmiste was able to make a TD throw.  USF would have to recover the on-side kick and would have 4-5 seconds left for a single play from around the 50 yard line.

No, I firmly believe Leavitt should have avoided the shutout on the last 4th down that late in the game.

Coaches, like all of us, make mistakes.  There's no reason why I can't say I think he made one in this case.  Supporting the team does not mean to say that coaches can do no wrong.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

I was okay with going for the touchdown with 4 mins left... but down by two touchdowns... 4th down at the NC State 15 yard line... less than 20 seconds left in the game. Yeah, I wanted him to kick the field goal and avoid the shut out.

There was NO WAY to "make a game" of it that late in the game.  USF turned it over on downs with 9 seconds left.  Let's suppose Julmiste was able to make a TD throw.  USF would have to recover the on-side kick and would have 4-5 seconds left for a single play from around the 50 yard line.

No, I firmly believe Leavitt should have avoided the shutout on the last 4th down that late in the game.

Coaches, like all of us, make mistakes.  There's no reason why I can't say I think he made one in this case.  Supporting the team does not mean to say that coaches can do no wrong.

You just said why we don't kick the field goal.  If we have one play from the 50 to tie the game it's better than giving up on the game.  Every coach in Football would have gone for the small chance that you have to win the game.  I agree with Leavit 100% in that situation.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

You just said why we don't kick the field goal.  If we have one play from the 50 to tie the game it's better than giving up on the game.  Every coach in Football would have gone for the small chance that you have to win the game.  I agree with Leavit 100% in that situation.

It also sends a bad signal to future teams that the coach gave up on your team. That is unacceptable no matter how little time is left, the coach should ALWAYS be trying to beat the odds no matter how great they are. Going for 3 for some strategic reason makes it fine but throwing in the towel simply to get 3 points for a meaningless streak (and yes this streak is a bogus one since some of these games were blowouts that we ended up scoring on scab players) would not only be disrespectfull to the players, coaches and fans but it would taint the very stat you want to protect.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, it might have been a different story if the score is even 17-0.  But at 14-0 there was still a chance, albeit a very small one.  My sister and her husband argued that non kick the rest of the night.  You go to win, not just to score.  Coach did the right thing.  Who cares we got shut out?  Other teams have been shut out before, and others will get shut out in the future.  The only people that will remember it down the line is us.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

And the way I look at it, we went from ZERO to 99 games and never shut out ... some of those were simple FG's to avoid the shutout, but for a Bowl - GO FOR IT !!!

And it's really something small compared to other things, just some DINKS harp on it  :-*

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

When Jim Leavitt says in interviews that he doesn't care about win streaks, shutout streaks, etc... he MEANS it.  It's not just coach speak.

His decisions at the end of MCCB just prove he's a man of his word.  I have no problem with that, and I was proud that our team fought and clawed to the end.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Are we really arguing this at the begining of this season? If this was January it might be worth arguing, but it's August. Everyone is undefeated. Everyone is perfect. No one has made a mistake on the field.

New season, new team. LETS GO BULLS!!!