• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Auman Blog on Stirrups and Hill...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Wow...6 counts...

On another note, I was wondering what's the necessary SAT score that recruits need to get into school?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I don't worry about what we never had.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Wow...6 counts...

On another note, I was wondering what's the necessary SAT score that recruits need to get into school?

it's on a sliding scale, but I think the minimum was an 800 on the old SAT scale

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

6 felony counts will carry some time. If it was 1-2 counts, then I'd say community service. But 6 counts is pretty steep. I saw many guys in prison who had a lesser charge and was serving some time. (by the way, I was a volunteer chaplain, not an inmate, just to clarify). I just hope he can get his head on.  Reaper

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

All I care about is WINS.

That is an interesting train of thought.

I would post more, but this is the respectable board and not the smack board.

Thank you for your descretion.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

See you at F$U Stirrups...Only Bowden will let you play after being arrested....or stealing...or beating your girlfriend

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

All I care about is WINS.

That is an interesting train of thought.

I would post more, but this is the respectable board and not the smack board.

I, too, thank you for your discretion ......... and 83 should just thank you. I'm sure you are the first to use the term "interesting train of thought" in regards to one of his posts.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

When I went through the process back in 2000/2001 (was not a problem for me)... if you had a 2.9 GPA or higher, you would need a minimum of an 820 SAT.  The lower the GPA the higher the SAT.  

Keep in mind though that some schools have their own criteria to get in.  

Side note: Didn't USF have to raise their standards according to those of the Big East?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I don't think anyone has called USF renegade...Every program has players with problems, even Harvard and Yale who don't give athletic scolarships...Army just had a kid in trouble on their team...No matter what you do there will always be a few kids on your team that have some sort of trouble, you cannot stop this.

I am pretty close to calling us renegade, yeah.

I saw the "glory" days of Marshall's complete lack of institutional control, and we're pushing that threshold. It's pretty clear our coaching staff has zero interest in the character or academic ability of our recruits. And then they arrive on campus and expect those of us teaching them to bend over backwards when they are completely incapable of even the most basic academic achievement at the college level (note: I am not referring to any student-athletes I have had personally -- I've only had one football player and he was great but we have a LOT of problems in the department with football players) .. eghghhg I'm just going to end this rant.

If all you care about is winning, I don't really want you as a USF fan.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think anyone has called USF renegade...Every program has players with problems, even Harvard and Yale who don't give athletic scolarships...Army just had a kid in trouble on their team...No matter what you do there will always be a few kids on your team that have some sort of trouble, you cannot stop this.

I am pretty close to calling us renegade, yeah.

I saw the "glory" days of Marshall's complete lack of institutional control, and we're pushing that threshold. It's pretty clear our coaching staff has zero interest in the character or academic ability of our recruits. And then they arrive on campus and expect those of us teaching them to bend over backwards when they are completely incapable of even the most basic academic achievement at the college level (note: I am not referring to any student-athletes I have had personally -- I've only had one football player and he was great but we have a LOT of problems in the department with football players) .. eghghhg I'm just going to end this rant.

If all you care about is winning, I don't really want you as a USF fan.

Feel free to continue your business at mighty and ever so scholarly ohio university then.   ::)