• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Bully,

We're not going to get a home game with UF, nor does it look like FSU would be willing to come here either.

I don't think we're waiting on the Miami deal though. If it gets signed it would probably not begin next season because I believe Miami has a full slate of games next season and the year after. I'm not positive though.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Ok, let me put it in terms (most) everyone on here can relate with.....

There are 4 or 5 girls you can take to the prom and you are an average looking junior. 3 or 4 of the girls are super sexy seniors, but they have a reputation for being a little snobbish and prude.  The other girl is a dog ugly underclassman, but you know she will put out and you know she will say yes to your invitation to go to the prom, even if you only ask her a day or two before the dance.  

Clearly, USF is the guy here......and the dog ugly underclassman....the Knights. Why shouldn't USF aim high first and try to bag one of the "sexy" schools for a few home and homes before asking the dog to the dance?

If we owe Conference USA three games, how do we know that we don't get only 1 out of 3 at home?  One would think that this was already agreed upon when we left that conference.  I wouldn't think they'd do us any additional favors by giving us an extra home game.

Anyone know the extent of this exit agreement?

I am pretty sure it was only 4 games.  I don't know where people are getting the fact that we owe them 3 more games... I think it's just two.

we owe C-DOA three games. I say give ucf a 2 @USF and 1 @ucf, take it or leave it....

If not then we can give the same deal to Tulane or SMU. I do not care either way. After all is said, USF is BCS and ucf is NOT!

And if they all leave it?

There is a saying about beggars and choosers.  We are begging because we have so many holes left in our schedule.

It ain't like DW is beating off the Michigans and UCLAs of the world.

"Any football is good football... so we take what we can get... so we take what we can get... and then DW looked at me with green & gold eyes and said... you ain't seen nothin' yet"

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  0

LOL, at Bullypulpits Prom reference...by that logic I would say that UCF is Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls...

Cmon, think of it like a street fight.  You beat that feisty kid when he was a Freshman, now hes back again and a year older and hes kicked a few asses.

What are you going to do...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Kick your ass again and see if you learn from it. If not, there is always next year...oh wait...?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

If we just play the games and end this whining, I'll be happy. It's an easy road game to attend.

Those comparisons (like the LSU to Tulane) are just a bit presumptious. Yeah sure-- we are BCS now. But LSU is LSU. WE are just USF, not to far off of what UCF is at this point.

All I know is the games will get scheduled and played. ANd whatever course the USF ship sails, I'll be there through thick and thin. Is playing UCF the best course of action? I think I can let our AD make that call. That's what he's paid to do. OTherwise, it's out of our hands.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

also-- in reply to BullPulpit's prom analogy....

The thing you forget is that we have several dances to go to and we can't take the same girl more than once a year. With the expanded 12 game scheduled and the meager 7 conference games, we have a big dance card to fill. Personally-- I'll take that game with UCF since it brings a nice crowd and offers a chance to play what **** near everyone in teh country assumes (right or wrong) is our rival. Also-- the way I see it UCF will eventually wend up in some conference with USF (hopefully the Big East with a BCS tie intact).

Granted-- I say that without much of any ill will towards UCF. Sure-- I am tired of some of their posters who spew forth some of the most vile nonsense about USF any chance they get. WE have some of those folks on our side too. It's unfortunate-- since we are much more alike than any other school in the state in so many areas. And the bashing gives both of our detractors more ammo to throw in our face and remind how terrible we are in comparison to their institutions. I'm just saying that you don't shake loose the "commuter school" nonsense by engaging in a slap fight.

anyway-- we have a game with them this year. And perhaps Bianchi will get off his stupid ass and do some research this time to get some of the facts straight. Maybe the Sentinel or their AD-- whoever is blame-- will know how to spell the name of our AD (Willard? sorry-- no that's Woolard), Yeah-- I read that crap while visiting my dad in Sanford. I wasn't alarmed or pissed. It's just more of the same nonsense thrown back and forth to make this whole thing seem more important than it really feels like. Basically-- it's a game between two teams that are clawing to be somebodies. Both schools have a long way to go to get there.