• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uniforms Uniforms Uniforms

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

Just a few points...

There actually is gold on those baseball uniforms, just not a lot of it. The numbers and U are outlined thinly with the USF metallic gold.

It's a rare appearance for gold on the baseball unis, though. It's my understanding that Cardieri prefers the green and white look and for years there was no gold at all on any baseball uni.

The baseball and at least some of the softball unis are made by Speedline, which is headquartered in Tampa. I know that Cardieri likes the convenience of having a hometown supplier.

Speedline has two main numeral fonts: block and the one currently on the softball and baseball home whites (I believe this was the old Rowdies style numbers and our soccer teams have used these as well.) Then it will offer some specialty fonts like the ones on the baseball greens.

As far as a uniform numeral font goes, there are universities that have named fonts. Miami, UConn and Kentucky have them, but Notre Dame, Texas and Stanford don't -- at least they don't have them listed with Liebe, which is a major numeral and letter supplier. I guess someone needs to invent something original if we want our own.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

I think baseball mainly uses green and white bc that is traditional baseball unis...Theres your home whites and away greys, granted I HATE white pants whether baseball football softball whatever, but I wouldnt oppose to an alternate jersey, but we have 3 sets so honestly I dont know what to tell yah...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I think baseball mainly uses green and white bc that is traditional baseball unis...Theres your home whites and away greys, granted I HATE white pants whether baseball football softball whatever, but I wouldnt oppose to an alternate jersey, but we have 3 sets so honestly I dont know what to tell yah...

A lot of MLB teams have 2 sets of home uni's and 1 traditional grey uni for away.  Now, I think the main discussion is that the uni's right now have too much green and white.  Our school colors are green and gold, unless we didn't get the memo from the Board of Directors on the color change.

There needs to be some sort of consistency with uniform design for the entire Athletics Dept. in regards to color scheme, font type, font size, and graphic layout.  If the university can have a policy describing how to create university related websites and how to order stationary, then why can't there be a similar policy on uniforms?

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I personally like pinstripes as one of the baseball uniforms - and not because the NY Yankees have pinstripes, other MLB teams have pinstripes like the Marlins.

The USF baseball uniforms remind me of the Devil Rays uniforms.  Practically the same colors all around.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

No offense man, but Athletics pays for the athletics uniforms...unless Im mistaken, The Arts should be paying for your uni's...

The HOT IS athletics--to a degree. I always referred (only half-jokingly) to my former pep band as the bastard child of Athletics and the Music dept., and from what I've seen I suspect the HOT is the same way. Trouble is, no one wants to pay child support.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Now, I think the main discussion is that the uni's right now have too much green and white.  Our school colors are green and gold, unless we didn't get the memo from the Board of Directors on the color change.

There needs to be some sort of consistency with uniform design for the entire Athletics Dept. in regards to color scheme, font type, font size, and graphic layout.  If the university can have a policy describing how to create university related websites and how to order stationary, then why can't there be a similar policy on uniforms?

EXACTLY.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My baseball uniforms.  They are consistant with the football uniforms I created:

USF_Baseball.sized.jpg

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

The HOT IS athletics--to a degree. I always referred (only half-jokingly) to my former pep band as the bastard child of Athletics and the Music dept., and from what I've seen I suspect the HOT is the same way. Trouble is, no one wants to pay child support.

It's true, we are the "Athletic Bands."  And the red headed step child we are, neither wants to pay for us!

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

My baseball uniforms.  They are consistant with the football uniforms I created:

USF_Baseball.sized.jpg

Make the Iconic U on the road grey smaller and you have yourself a sweet concept.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Make the Iconic U on the road grey smaller and you have yourself a sweet concept.

It's the correct proportion to the size of the other letters.