• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uniforms Uniforms Uniforms

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking today that if nike really is doing the fb uniforms, that they could possibly be in the same vein as those hideous UF and VT getups.  But after a little thought, it seems to me that those same unis, except with usf colors, could actualy look pretty sweet, esp. if they made the jerseys green, with gold sleeves, except they seperated the green and gold with a thin line of white piping which extended down the side of the jersey.

Hard to pictre maybe, but i dont know how to use paint as well as sc does.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

No comments on the soccer uniform?  No soccer fans?

Since you asked for someone who likes soccer, and I like soccer (but not so much NCAA with the stop clock and weird substitution rules):

The green and gold shirt with green shorts is fine.  I'm not big on vertical stripes, but to each his own. I don't like the gold/white one. The NCAA may be different, but typically the purpose of having two uniforms in soccer is not so much home versus away, it is primary versus change.  While this is beginning to change to home vs. away, the premise remains that when the two teams primaries are similar, the road team wears the change.  Therefore the second uniform should be fundamentally different from your first.  These two seem too similar to me, especially with the same shorts.  

Personally, I'd also get rid of the big logos in the center and go with a small iconic U on the left side of the chest, similar to what Indiana does.

I appreciate your effort though.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Thanks for your comments.  Being that I'm not a soccer fan at all, it was tough for me to come up with something appropriate.  I'll try again.  Thanks again.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

These look nice!

AVIKXXCSPFLZEOO.20060430222947.jpg

And I just really noticed this. The U is on the wrong side. Every team that I've seen that uses this style jersey has the number on the right side, logo on the left.

for example:

SGUKBTAXELSAXPQ.20060425184923.jpg

A9Qt2Mp7.jpg

5O6sFEef.jpg

UcAQ7mV4.jpg

5yXFPiSP.jpg

rangers1.jpg

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

And I just really noticed this. The U is on the wrong side. Every team that I've seen that uses this style jersey has the number on the right side, logo on the left.

for example:

SGUKBTAXELSAXPQ.20060425184923.jpg

A9Qt2Mp7.jpg

I noticed that, but I really like those USF caps, wish I bought one before I got my grey one

How many teams use "fashion style" caps as their official caps? I dont ever remember a baseball team, in any league, using caps that arent a solid color.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

How many teams use "fashion style" caps as their official caps? I dont ever remember a baseball team, in any league, using caps that arent a solid color.

Off the top of my head..... Boston Braves, Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Red, Oakland A's, Milwaukee Braves,  St Louis Cards, Atlanta Braves come to mind.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37

Off the top of my head..... Boston Braves, Cleveland Indians, Cincinnati Red, Oakland A's, Milwaukee Braves,  St Louis Cards, Atlanta Braves come to mind.

Add the Montreal Expos, Toronto Blue Jays, San Diego Padres, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago White Sox

They were quite common in the 1970s.

Add the Montreal Expos, Toronto Blue Jays, San Diego Padres, Baltimore Orioles, Milwaukee Brewers, Chicago White Sox

They were quite common in the 1970s.

So 30 years ago, they were cool.....I wasnt born yet.

thumbs up.