• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Uniforms Uniforms Uniforms

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

That's really the issue here...

Let's worry about how "cool" they are after we get some consistency.

I'd rather have a whole lot of plain than have a little of this here and a little of that there, and none of it make any sense.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Nothing looks good if you dont win, so lets concentrate on that first!!!

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Nothing looks good if you dont win, so lets concentrate on that first!!!

the one thing i actually agree with u in a long time brah

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

That's really the issue here...

Let's worry about how "cool" they are after we get some consistency.

I'd rather have a whole lot of plain than have a little of this here and a little of that there, and none of it make any sense.

Shoop I believe the staff's have some say in what type and style each of their programs wear.  Not surprising that baseball's is dull given the program seems to be that way too.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

uniform issues... we need to win some darn games!  Then I assume after the sports teams dig there heads out of the sand, the band might get some uniforms that fit, arnt worn out, and look like USF.  

Everyone's BS about "go retro" for the band... and you are worrying about if its gold or white on the athletics jersey?  lord

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

Don't hold your breath on those band uniforms.  I'm sure you know, athletics come first.  I like the band and all, but c'mon the athletic teams come first.

Shoop I believe the staff's have some say in what type and style each of their programs wear.  Not surprising that baseball's is dull given the program seems to be that way too.

how does that work, exactly? do you know?

i'm guessing the final say so goes to the AD, but outside of him, who are the ones who handle the uniforms and all of those issues?

did I just make ANY sense? haha

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I think its up to the coaches... Remember Seth was a rebock so thats what they wear, coach Mac likes nike so thats what they wear.  The womans soccer wears adidas because adidas sponsers the usa womans team and Fleck deals with them so why should he switch for USF.  This is the same for softball Adidas does the USA softball stuff so why should Erickson change for USF. I know makes sence to have one overall supplier but theres so many people to please out there that its just to hard.

I think its up to the coaches... Remember Seth was a rebock so thats what they wear, coach Mac likes nike so thats what they wear.  The womans soccer wears adidas because adidas sponsers the usa womans team and Fleck deals with them so why should he switch for USF.  This is the same for softball Adidas does the USA softball stuff so why should Erickson change for USF. I know makes sence to have one overall supplier but theres so many people to please out there that its just to hard.

If that IS true, that's ridiculous.

Who's running the place? The inmates or the asylum?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Shoop,

That is the way college athletics works.  That's how schools are allowed to give coaches better compensations, and program control.  By allowing coaches to pick the unis and the suppliers they're allowed to keep any kick-backs and special perks supplied by those suppliers.  It's not unique to USF, it happens at all the schools.  The AD definitely has a say, and the can require certain logos be used but as long as the unis abide by NCAA guidelines and look good and display the approved logo appropriately then they usually let the coaches have the final say.

Now the AD can madate certain colors, he could go to Cardieri and ask for him to include Gold versus white, et al.  However it's not such a bad thing, and USF will never have uniforms given to one specific supplier or one style.  With that being said schools and programs can change their look each year and it isn't like one style is something that is etched in stone.  If we got a new baseball coach he could change things the way he likes it.  Look at UCF, when they hired O'Leary he had their jersey's completely redone.