• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another Casualty

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Boy, they are all jumping ship.   Speaks volumes of the shape our bball program is in right now.  Shambles would be putting it lightly.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No but it speaks volumes of what kind of shape our program is in.  People dont jump ship from something that is going well.   crm sure knows how to run people off.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

Boy, they are all jumping ship.   Speaks volumes of the shape our bball program is in right now.  Shambles would be putting it lightly.  

chicken_little_3.gif

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

No but it speaks volumes of what kind of shape our program is in.  People dont jump ship from something that is going well.   crm sure knows how to run people off.

chicken_little_3.gif

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

jumping ship....running them off....

hmmm...

We criticize that no one EVER loses a job at USF, then we "run someone off" (even though he resigned) and it is a bad sign...

I'll keep in mind this direct correlation the next time an assistant at another program leaves, it'll be a sure sign that the program is in trouble...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

We have some pretty good players coming in next year and USF should have a full roster.   Mac has been a great floor coach and having a full roster of "his players"  sounds more like a program that is rebounding than one in decline.   The future is bright Bulls.

We will all see come early march of 2007, although I am sure there will be some wanting to give him one more year.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260
  • Days Won:  0

As much as I thought Scott did a great job. I hope this opens the door for a former Bull to take the position ;)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

As much as I thought Scott did a great job. I hope this opens the door for a former Bull to take the position ;)

From Greg's Blog http://www.sptimes.com/blogs/usf/

-- Far be it from me to say what McCullum is thinking, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reggie Kohn joins USF's staff as the team's director of basketball operations. It's an entry-level job -- vacated when Scott Thompson stepped down this week after three years -- that has taken the place of the old restricted-earnings positions as a first step toward being a college coach. Kohn is USF's all-time assists leader, a well-liked, well-respected player who's found great success in his first three years as a high school coach. He's about as qualified as a coach can be at 26 years old, and he's very interested in joining McCullum's staff. USF's upcoming squad will feature three freshman guards, and Kohn is the kind of role model you'd want to have hanging around a backcourt like that. He was offered the head coaching job at Seminole Community College a year ago -- at age 25 -- but turned it down, thinking his best avenue was to get on a college staff where he could learn from experienced coaches, rather than jump into having his own college program at such a young age.