• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Nears Decision On Bulls' Starting QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt always gives the nod to potential, and Matt has not been without his mistakes this spring either.

My gut says Hill, but Grothe will be ready to step in, and the reason is Leavitt's a big proponent for athleticism at QB (and don't try and humor me comparing Hil and Grothe).   We're not Miami, or UF, or FSU, we need a QB that can still dazzle at times with his legs.  Grothe's a good kid, and has done a wonderful job solidifying himself right behind Hill (which the staff didn't have him there starting the spring), but in the end, Hill brings to much to the table to just give up on so quickly.  Also, he's demonstrated that dazzling stuff this spring at times.

In the end, I believe it will be a two headed monster this fall because Hill will make it one.  He's prone to make mistakes as much as he is great plays.  He will give enough window to Grothe and then we'll see who takes command of the position.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I believe it was Denson who started at PSU and got the hook  and in came PJ

It was Denson that started at PSU and got the quick hook after a couple turnovers that basically sealed the game for the Nittany Lions..It may have turned out to be one hell of a game had we not started so poorly.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Grothe will be the starter.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

[saturday] all four quarterbacks [Carlton Hill, Pat Julmiste, Matt Grothe and Anthony Severino] showed they could run our offense.

SCARY

why would 4 qbs split reps

40% to hill and grothe  AND 20 % TO PJ IF YOU MUST

NO WONDER OUR OFFENSE AND QBS LOOK SO BAD

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

mentalfloss.gif

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

I agree with E.T.

You saw Leavitt stick with PJ last year after giving him the early hook in game 1 versus PSU. I think he is convinced that he needs to stick with one guy to keep his confidence up and his nerves calmed down. Who that one guy will be . . . . well I bet its PJ again.

(Anyone see the Leavitt show last year where CH said he was looking forward to winning multiple Heismans? The guy can't even win the starting job in an offense that needs a new QB and he is talking Heismans. I still chuckle about that.)

I remember that and for some reason it reminds me of that weird press conference where BB Waldon and Altron Jackson announced that they would be coming back for the senior years...it was like "no freakin kidding".

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

It was Denson that started at PSU and got the quick hook after a couple turnovers that basically sealed the game for the Nittany Lions..It may have turned out to be one hell of a game had we not started so poorly.

I think that game was lost b/c of me.

I am currently 0-6 when I travel with the Bulls.

BTW....I am going ot Kansas and UNC.  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I think that game was lost b/c of me.

I am currently 0-6 when I travel with the Bulls.

BTW....I am going ot Kansas and UNC.  ;D

Cyber,

I will be going to the Kansas game also, as I will already be there.  My daughter's due date is Sept. 16th and we are staying a couple of weeks.  

Someone, PLEASE video our annual ass whooping of UCF for the rest of us who can't make it!  I know it is more important to be with my daughter at that time, although it IS a close call...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

So, Leavitt is going to draw a QBs name out of a hat in a few days?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with E.T.

You saw Leavitt stick with PJ last year after giving him the early hook in game 1 versus PSU. I think he is convinced that he needs to stick with one guy to keep his confidence up and his nerves calmed down. Who that one guy will be . . . . well I bet its PJ again.

(Anyone see the Leavitt show last year where CH said he was looking forward to winning multiple Heismans? The guy can't even win the starting job in an offense that needs a new QB and he is talking Heismans. I still chuckle about that.)

Most people who have great success in their fields have strong visualizations of where they want to be.  From a psychological success standpoint, the more ridiculously high those visualizations are, the better.  However, the actions have to FOLLOW THROUGH on that...we'll see.

I'm leaning on Grothe starting too, but I'll laugh if Severino has some breakthrough and beats everyone.