• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oh my...Gators on Campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

It boggles my mind that someone would even pick up a pen/keyboard/whatever to let that nonsense come out, and yet not have the stones to identify themselves.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Seems like USF needs to turn over the freshman orientation to a more responsible group - us!

Where's a taser when you need one?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Folks while I detest UF, not writing any article on UF making the FF and having plenty on GMU, rings loudly or stinks profusely of the bitter wannabe.  Both of our universities are in the same state education system and on equal research levels for state schools.  Kudos to any team that makes it to the FF.  Li'l Billy is doing a fine job in Norte Florida.  Better than any BB coach in the state of FL ever.  At the least, the Oracle could of picked up the AP story for print.  That's JMO.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Folks while I detest UF, not writing any article on UF making the FF and having plenty on GMU, rings loudly or stinks profusely of the bitter wannabe.  Both of our universities are in the same state education system and on equal research levels for state schools.  At the least, the Oracle could of picked up the AP story for print.  That's JMO.

Okay  "anonymous"....   ;)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I have to say thanks to the Oracle for not covering much of UF. This is a USF newspaper in case this moron does not know. Of course they are going to cover George Mason because they are THE story of the tourny, not UF making the Final Four. And yes, you can bet that most of the whole nation will be rooting for George Mason to beat UF. I hope that does not hurt the UF fan's feelings.  GO GMU!!!!

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Folks while I detest UF, not writing any article on UF making the FF and having plenty on GMU, rings loudly or stinks profusely of the bitter wannabe.  Both of our universities are in the same state education system and on equal research levels for state schools.  Kudos to any team that makes it to the FF.  Li'l Billy is doing a fine job in Norte Florida.  Better than any BB coach in the state of FL ever.  At the least, the Oracle could of picked up the AP story for print.  That's JMO.

I'm not sure I agree. I don't see this so much as a snub of UF as it not being news. George Mason making the Final Four is news. Certainly this would be an omission from any local paper in Florida, but for a campus newspaper, I don't regard it as necessary.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Point being...GMU is an anomoly. It's "cute" that this school that - and you know I'm tellin' the truth - no one ever heard of, is now squaring off against "The Bigs." Few things in sports are as entertaining as trotting out the old David-against-Goliath Underdog-Overachieves story.  

"Any State U" going to the final four is expected. GMU is enjoying their moment in the sun. UF...been there, done that. 8)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Props to the Oracle. AND SCREW UF! They can lick, suck, and whatever else they want to do. GET OFF OUR CAMPUS.. NOT NOW, BUT RIGHT NOW!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  102

Wow. I think that's the most props the Oracle has gotten in one tread. Guess I should say thanks.

Now, when I started the blog, I expected to get plenty of comments and that's what I wanted. Sure, its a little strange to get "anonymous" ones. Basically, I think almost all the comments, have been, most of the ones Greg Auman and Brett McMurphy are the same.

Not in that readers want more UF stuff, because the Times and the Tribune already cover UF, but that they are anonymous posts.

That being said, and after the post, no there will not be more UF stuff in the Oracle. If they beat George Mason and go to the National Championship and happen to win that, then the Oracle will run that story.

However, before you protest, the Oracle would also run the story if George Mason, UCLA or LSU wins it all.

Its called college sports related news, and the Oracle runs it because, well just about every other paper in the country will be doing the same.

Now, its true the Oracle is USF's paper, but the Oracle is not affiliated with USF. Its a independent publication, which gives the Oracle the right to print whatever it wants.

We are not a booster paper, and barring what your opinion is of the Oracle's opinion section and Sports columns, the paper does report the news in a fair and unbiased manner.

At the Sports section, myself and my writers will continue to cover USF sports, win or lose, while if a reader wants Gators sports, I urge them to read the Alligator or the Gainesville Sun. Its true a lot of USF students do two years in Tampa an move on, or go up north for grad school after four years. I don't fault them, people are allowed to do what they want, but what "anonymous" doesn't realize is its a lot easier to write an article about the "Cinderfellas" of George Mason, when the Alligator is in Minneapolis, and that the Alligator is the main source, actually, ahead of the Gainesville Sun, for information about Gators sports.

On a side note, I do get a lot of requests to cover stuff and write articles about it. Rugby, the Ice Bulls, ultimate Frisbee, intramural sports scores, the Sun Dolls and cheerleaders, and even requests to cover more golf and track and field events. Sometimes we get to some of them, sometimes we don’t, but at the Sports section, we do try to fit in all we can.

Hell, we even had a sailing article in the fall semester, and the women's sailing team practices all the way over on the St. Pete campus with their Olympic Gold medal coach, Allison Jolly.

I’ve spoken my mind enough for today. Once again, thanks for the support, and again, thanks for reading the Oracle and the Sports blog.

Mike Camunas

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

That student can go **** HIMSELF OR HERSELF! I'm having a tough day already and then I have to see that ******** on our message board! WTF! I came here to be with my fellow brothers and sisters... not to read about some FUCKEN UF WANNABE that needs to be beat down! The ORACLE gained new respect in my eyes by not acknowledging the hood rats up North. When they lose to GMU, I hope they write up a full page article about the chokers from Gainesville!