• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt making his mark at QB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

So how much you wanna wager ?

;D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

...but I'm making gulf grads look dumb?  You obviously didn't have Ms. Richards or Ms. Dignan for English.   ;)

If he wanted to play WR he would've gone to Miami.  

I fixed it all this trying to post and work at the same time is for the birds maybe I'll just post and not work  ;)

I see that it is true time does stand still at gulf I had Ms Dignan for freshman english........... ;)

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

if Pat starts I am first inline to jump off the skyway  ;)

I'll be second. J/K.. I have to be nice. Pat and I were on opposite sidelines during High School. Maybe if he threw more during high school we wouldn't be talking about Pat being benched or maybe if Rod wasn't at USF.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Other items: Leavitt said the reason he put his QBs off limit to the media this spring was “because they need to focus on their competition.†I respect his decision, but I still don’t agree with it.

THESE GUYS NEED TO BE TREATED LIKE ADULTS AND NOT SHIELDED FROM MEDIA

I disagree. The QB position is the biggest battle we have right now. If Coach Leavitt feels that they need to focus on winning the job, then I would take his word for it. With the way the QB play has been the last few seasons I would think the media is the last place these guys need to be in the spring.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

I have had a good feeling about Matt since we landed him.  I think he may well be the next Blackwell and this team is going to take off with him providing a second dimension.  I hope the many dropped passes we experienced up to now were a result of passes delivered in less than optimum position for the receiver.  I am psyched about Ponton and think that with Hall gone, he will the chance to flourish.  Great year coming, I'm tellin' ya.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

If Grothe starts Hill will leave and go DII.

Not 1-AA?  I'm sure he'd be a good 1-AA QB.

But he could be a wideout here and might accept that, IF Grothe, PJ, or Severino beat him out legitimately.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Hill is a competitive team player, if he does not start at QB he will play wr, and on third and special downs he will do the "slash" type of thing... hell put 20 pounds on him and let him become a tight end, mark my words he will contribute even if he does not play qb..

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

If he wanted to play WR he would've gone to Miami.  

He wanted an oportunity to play at QB, he has been given that... (he got play-time in a bowl game).

Now it's just a matter of finding the best QB, and playing him.  Personally, I think Matt is the man (for no particular reason actually) but let the best man win the job and the other be mature enough to do what it best for the team (and their own NFL hopes).

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

yes 1aa

us fans will never really know who is winning qb BATTLE SINCE  we cannot watch practice

media cannot report on daily battles either

crazy

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

yes 1aa

us fans will never really know who is winning qb BATTLE SINCE  we cannot watch practice

media cannot report on daily battles either

crazy

We will all see the battle on April 15th and decide for ourselves instead of reading opinions. Come on down smazza, it would be great for you to breathe some fresh air instead of all that smog.  ;)