• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get rid of the D-IAA games

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

We are getting better home & away series (Miami) ... all will be fine for USF Football.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Well Miami has never had a problem going to other schools because they really don't make much from home games against smaller schools. They played at La. Tech, Houston, and will play at Louisville this year.

I think a win would to bring in a team like a FSU, UF, Alabama, or UGA...thats still a long way away, but those teams are the ones outside Miami that dominate this area.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Like I said, we do not pay visiting teams enough money for a big name school to come to Tampa.

The visiting team could care less about how many of their fans travelled to the game.  All they care about is 1) the big fat paycheck and 2) leaving RJS with a win.  Extra fans from their school showing is a bonus, kind of like having an all nighter with Pamala Anderson, and the Carmen Electra show up as a bonus for some next morning romper room fun.

We could offer a school like UF, FSU, Alabama, UGA $500K for a showdown at RJS, but we would have to sell tickets for all 65K seats in the stadium to break even or maybe make a small profit.  Malcom Glazer's pupils would change to dollar signs from all the concession sales and parking fees.

High Tech, what I'm getting at is those 150-250 k won't get those schools there because they know we need them more than they need us. They want more along the level of thr 500l your stating.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I meant their fans, I just meant that they aren't stupid and know now much they are worth to our school.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

It might be the $$ issue again, but what does it take to trade up a I-AA for one of the BCS conference whipping boys, like Ole Miss, Washington, or Duke? Or is there already a line?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

what does it take to trade up a I-AA for one of the BCS conference whipping boys, like Ole Miss, Washington, or Duke?

Well...you'd have to start off with an agreement by any of them to actually play.  Duke is in no hurry to travel the nation as the Official NCAA IA tune-up game.  8)

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

UF wouldnt demand 400-500K.  They simply wouldnt come.  It is not their philosophy to play ooc on the road with the exception of um and fsu.  They bring in 3-4 million per home game, so why bother playing on the road.  If their fans continue to support them by attending a game vs some crap team, they will continue to schedule them.  Thats why they dont ever have any cool ooc home games because nobody big will accept a one game deal.  

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Well...you'd have to start off with an agreement by any of them to actually play.  Duke is in no hurry to travel the nation as the Official NCAA IA tune-up game.  8)

Can't we hook up a home-and-home? I'd be glad to see us whoop up on them up in Durham too!  ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Same here...I'd love a trip up that way.

I think a team like Duke is feasible as long as we give a home and home. I'm think more along the lines of a Tennessee, Cal, or Oklahoma...and upper level team.

Actually come to think of it, Zook at Illinois has been hitting the state of Florida hard for recruits. I think that would be a good home and home...it would go along the sames lines as the ones we have now with UNC and Kansas.