• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get rid of the D-IAA games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think extensive marketing to people in the Tampa Bay area is good in idea, but not really needed.

Ask yourself, does it help the D-Rays? Did it help the Lightning (pre Cup)? How about the Bucs in the 80s-early 90s?

Point being the best type of marketing is winning. No offense but our basketball team hasn't been much to write about, and our flagship, football, might have made it's 1st bowl game, but they aren't turning heads with a 6-6 record.

Point being when the team wins and wins a lot the fans will be there.

For the mean time I feel that USF should concentrate marketing in their students, those are the ones that will be providing the most to the University's athletic programs in the future. Gaining a lot of fans in the Tampa area would be great, but they generally are not going to be the one's donating 100s-1000s of dollars to the school/athletic department on an annual basis if they haven't started already.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

...My world doesn't revolve around USF sports...

Hard to believe, given the amount of time you spend on the board, chiming in with invaluable insight and well thought out advice  8)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf is not winning

so their marketing should be  five star

and they aren't

usf football is a perfect example.media and fans are banned from practice.not a great way to cultivate fans

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not in Tampa, so I can not address USFs marketing effort.  For that matter, neither are you smazza.

However, the media is not banned from practice, only the scrimmage.  Spring practices are closed to the public.  If USF was the only university to do this I might agree with you, but they are not.  With that being said, the only people that would want to go and watch the Spring practices are die-hard USF fans and don't need extra marketing.