• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RMC signed a contract extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think we will have 5 BE wins next year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

You gotta look at the big picture, Mike. I don't disagree that 5-11 in the BE would be a tremendous improvement from WHERE WE ARE NOW. But step back and ask yourself, is a 5-11 BE coach in his 4th year at the helm (after 3 1/2 years to prepare for Big East play) our standard? Looking at our roster, I can't find too many names who signed on when we were still in CUSA. So where are all these great Big East players we should have. Looking at it in that light, 5-11 is a pittance and there would still be big questions he would have to answer about the direction of the program. And that's assuming we can even get 5 conference wins next year.

I don't disagree with any of your statements.  However, we've never been a top program, much less at this level.  We can't simply expect Mac to suddenly be winning the Big East in even his fourth year after Seth's screwing.

My hope is that he improves next year, improves again the next, but plateaus the final.  By then we should have started seeing expansion in our budget that hopefully our leadership plans for a higher profile coach in bball.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

Rutgers actually won 7 games in the Big East (not overall) and will be playing in NYC this week and they canned their coach.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers actually won 7 games in the Big East (not overall) and will be playing in NYC this week and they canned their coach.

Is he already gone? Or is he leaving at the end of the season?

Guest rueben_horowitz

My hope is that he improves next year, improves again the next, but plateaus the final.  By then we should have started seeing expansion in our budget that hopefully our leadership plans for a higher profile coach in bball.

What are you saying? It sounds like you are saying you hope CRM gets fired at the end of his contract; but not now...Is that what you are saying - You want the guy to improve yet you want him fired down the road?? Wow, you're a great fan.

I must be misunderstanding.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

My prediction is 4-12 in the conference

13-16 overall

Mac stays another year.....because the talking heads have ZERO expecatations.

Kinda of funny if you think about it.  Football team goes to a bowl and finishes towards the top of the conference and they want the entire offense staff canned.  Where is the patience on that end fellas?  My boy smith has been the OC one freakin year.  This coach we have heading the basketball program has had 3 years to play his hand.

modified by Bulliever to edit out Ari's disrespectful slurs

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

... a 5-11 BE coach in his 4th year at the helm (after 3 1/2 years to prepare for Big East play) ...

Did RMC have 3 1/2 years to prepare for Big East?  That would imply he knew about the Big East during the 2002-03 season?  Before LRS and the rest of us...Was he even hired yet when he started his preparation?

Sticking to facts would make the insurrectionists so much easier to relate to...   ;)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

What are you saying? It sounds like you are saying you hope CRM gets fired at the end of his contract; but not now...Is that what you are saying - You want the guy to improve yet you want him fired down the road?? Wow, you're a great fan.

I must be misunderstanding.

I want him to improve next year, then slightly improve the year after, then plateau but in a way where we have an injured player so we can forget about the terrible 6 seasons before, use that player as a scapegoat give him an extension and a raise then improve slightly again, maybe lose to UCONN by a few points, have calhoun say we played hard, feel great about that, then maybe make the BE tourney but once again miss the NIT and NCAA, lose in the 1st round of the BE tourney, then recruit some scholarship players kick them off the team, then be forced to play walkons and use them as the scapegoat for our loses. Perfect scenario.

All along my boy Huggins and OJ Mayo are tearing it up at some school.  I just pray he doesnt go to Rutgers.  That would really suck for us.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

That would really suck for us.  

That makes two...

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

5-11  in the BE and a winning season would be enough to warrant the man finish his contract (2yrs)

in 2007-8 is when rmc should be jugded if he can take us all the way. if not change horses, usf will have players , money and a clean slate.