• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RMC signed a contract extension

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Woolard should extend Mac's contract through the 2012/2013 season and pay him $1,000,000 per year.

Why so conservative.  It's only money.  Give him a mill for each Top 20 win.  :)  I'm a supporter of CRM but this thread is ridiculous.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Some of you are allowing the discontented contingent to paint the more mature and supportive contingent as fools, all because lotsofbull99 posted a sarcastic comment.

I am quite sure you will not find one RMC supporter on this board that believes he deserves an extension.  So for the record, no one is advocating that.  No one thinks the win over G'town means problems are fixed.

With that, please allow the sarcastice, bitter whiners to continue to piss on a good win.  The rest should just stay out.

Congrats lob99!   ;D  You did it again.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

One game does not make up for the rest of the season.  It is nothing more than a taste of what we expect to see in the future.  No contract extension warranted, unless we see this happen a good dozen times during conference play next season.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

My prediction is that he goes 5-11 and the whole world nominates him for coach of the year, because expectations are non-existent.

I think you are right, the RMC ass-kissers will be out in full force next year.

5-11 in the BE would be a tremendous improvement.  While that wouldn't suffice to earn a contract extension, it would definitely earn Mac the right to another year to see if they continue to improve.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

5-11 in the conference is your standard.?  

Pathetic.

Honestly I am not as worried about his conference record as I am the overall record.  If we have a good overall record and good conference record will have to come forth.

16-13 next year and the darksiders get off his back.  I think 16-13 gets us an NIT berth and a 10 seed in the con tourny.

I think that is 40% chance with his track record.

I hope he does it.

If we don't make con tourny he must be fired.

5-11 in the conference is your standard.?  

Where exactly do you see that I said that?  You are nothing but a walking fallacy.

I said that 5-11 in conference would be enough of an improvement that I can see him coming back another year.  You seem to think that the bar for showing improvement is going .500 in the conference, something that even Syracuse and Louisville couldn't do...

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

5-11 in the BE would be a tremendous improvement.  While that wouldn't suffice to earn a contract extension, it would definitely earn Mac the right to another year to see if they continue to improve.

You gotta look at the big picture, Mike. I don't disagree that 5-11 in the BE would be a tremendous improvement from WHERE WE ARE NOW. But step back and ask yourself, is a 5-11 BE coach in his 4th year at the helm (after 3 1/2 years to prepare for Big East play) our standard? Looking at our roster, I can't find too many names who signed on when we were still in CUSA. So where are all these great Big East players we should have. Looking at it in that light, 5-11 is a pittance and there would still be big questions he would have to answer about the direction of the program. And that's assuming we can even get 5 conference wins next year.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

No way do we get 5 conference wins.  For all you new viewers of big east basketball it is the most respected and competitive conference.  These teams do not get worse so we must get MUCH better.  With the 2 commitss we got coming in and the other 8 or 9 recruits  we have on the pipeline, and the injured players coming back we will still not be much improved.  Especially with our 2 best players leaving.  Our best recruits are 3 star, 3 star players sit onthe the 12th spot of UConns bench.  I dont car how good of an X and O guy Mac is, if you cannot recruit in the Big east your season is over before it even starts.

Didnt Woolard say he would exaluate Mac "shortly" after the season.  What is there to evaluate shouldnt this guy be fired by now.   :)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,647
  • Days Won:  424

With that, please allow the sarcastic, bitter whiners to continue to piss on a good win.

They are getting the whining down to an art form, though ....... I've always said if something's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Good job, guys.

Congrats lob99!   ;D  You did it again.

lob99 will destroy us.