• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007 Recruiting Class

Guest Josh Newberg

Im not trying to be mean, but Davis' grades make Leslie Stirrups look like a computer geek.  

His coach gave me his unofficial transcripts........after reading it over his 2.1 GPA is actually worse than it looks.  His core is lower than a 2.0 and thats what counts.  

I'd say Davis is pretty much a JUCO lock.

Josh Newberg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien
Im not trying to be mean, but Davis' grades make Leslie Stirrups look like a computer geek.  

His coach gave me his unofficial transcripts........after reading it over his 2.1 GPA is actually worse than it looks.  His core is lower than a 2.0 and thats what counts.  

I'd say Davis is pretty much a JUCO lock.

Josh Newberg

That's about what I had heard too, but I didn't want to say it so early.  

To bad, because potential wise and pure talent wise Davis is the best.  What's scarier is Davis isn't the hardest worker in the gym.  He's just started working out more and if he ever completely dedicated himself then watch out.

The kid is great, and will probably surpass Buie's sack record when he graduates.  Although, despite Davis' accolades and ability he's not the edge rusher even though Armwood used him at end the past two years.  He's a total interior DT.  Over the past five years

no one was as devestating off the edge in Hillsborough COunty as Buie.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

He gave you his transcripts, wow, how unethical is that!

Guest Josh Newberg

It's actually not unethical at all.  I've gone to several HS's in the area and not one coach objected.  Some couldnt get them b.c I didnt give enough notice, but for the most part its not a problem.

To bad, because potential wise and pure talent wise Davis is the best.  What's scarier is Davis isn't the hardest worker in the gym.  He's just started working out more and if he ever completely dedicated himself then watch out.

The kid is great, and will probably surpass Buie's sack record when he graduates.  Although, despite Davis' accolades and ability he's not the edge rusher even though Armwood used him at end the past two years.  He's a total interior DT.  Over the past five years  

no one was as devestating off the edge in Hillsborough COunty as Buie.

Honestly, I dont think he did much off the field to help himself during his first two years.  He has been going on the fact that he's an absolute physical freak!

There is also no doubt that he'll be a DT at the next level.

Josh Newberg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Plant quarterback Robert Marve, expected to be one of the area's top senior quarterbacks this fall, attended practice for the second day in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

I was at a combine in tallahassee this weekend, got a chance to spend some time with Alton Voss, Robert Marve, Chris Rainey and the Pouncey twins.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I was at a combine in tallahassee this weekend, got a chance to spend some time with Alton Voss, Robert Marve, Chris Rainey and the Pouncey twins.  

Is Robert Marve the son of Eugene Marve?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Is Robert Marve the son of Eugene Marve?

From Rivals:

Honorable mention all-county by the Tampa Tribune and St. Petersburg Times. Won the school's Offensive Player of the Year award in 2005. Father Eugene Marve played in the NFL for 12 years for the Bills, Chargers and Bucs. Also runs track.

Guest Lakeland Bull

Sunshine Preps has updated footage of the Rain Man.  The kid is on another level.  Makes everybody look like they're running in slow motion.  USF needs to be on this kid.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188

I dont think USF really needs to recruit him.  He's not going to play running back in college.